Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 03-10-2014, 04:49 AM

Carriem, love your top, beautiful spring colors!
Old 03-10-2014, 07:21 AM
Power Poster

Krista- terrific job! Love all those squares!

Fraew- I too love your avatar quilt!

nanna-- keep going! You're almost there!

Keep the great progress going ladies!
Old 03-10-2014, 07:26 AM

Oh Carriem..... really awesome quilt top.... love the colors, the block..... and now it's ready to quilt.... very cool. You'll soon have another UFO done and put to use. Good for you.

And, thanks everyone for your encouragement.... I'm still working at it. This quilting is taking a longer time than usual. I have so many starts and stops and having to quilt so closely together..... why did I choose this batting? But every stitch I take gets me that much closer.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:50 PM

Am I too late to join? I am afraid to count how many unstarted projects I have (are those PIGs?) but I have about 10 tops ready to quilt. I need to get going!
Old 03-13-2014, 04:54 AM

Of course you can join, Magpie. We welcome anyone that wants to finish their UFOs. And, you don't have to be fast or fancy..... we all just want to get the UFO pile smaller. So, let us know what you're working on and we'll encourage you all the way, give suggestions, and toot the horn when it's finished. Welcome aboard.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:46 PM

Thanks for the welcome! I've been counting up today and discovered that I have several more WIPs than I thought. And as for PIGs, well, let's not go there! Currently working on a queen-size with FABULOUS fabric from Timeless Treasures. Kind of Oriental or East Indian looking, very rich. I have finished 8 blocks (out of 52) and what seems like thousands of partial blocks. Pictures as soon as I figure out how to get them from my phone into my computer!
Old 03-14-2014, 04:35 AM

Welcome, Magpie! Isn't that always the way with UFOs? There seems to be a mental list, but when I really start looking....oh, my. There are the recent ones, then the mid-term ones, then...oh, boy, the DEEP ufo pile. I decided to try to finish the most recent ones first, letting the others cure, marinate or age-to-perfection! Right now I'm slogging away on a couch throw for my DDIL that I am not liking one bit. I've put the blocks up on the wall, but I'm embarrassed to show a pic. Just not my style or colors. But I'm carrying on.....
Old 03-14-2014, 05:25 AM

Magpie- I can hardly wait to see what you're working on. I love oriental/east indian looking quilts. And, I'm always looking for more orientals to put in my stash. You'll be zipping through the blocks and getting this one finished quicker than normal with all of us cheering you on. I know this group sure helps me keep on task.

QltrSue - It's hard to work on something you're not 'loving'. But, with every stitch you make, you are that much closer to being done with it. Sometimes, that's just how you have to look at it to get it done and out of the pile. So, slog away..... we'll be here to lean on anytime you need us.

Oh, and QltrSue, you forgot to mention the 'in the mind' ones..... Those drive me crazy even though they aren't even started. I think all of us have that bunch of quilts that we just feel like we 'have to' make.... they are somewhere in the mind and you can't shake them out...... sorry, I digress. Go get quilting, everyone.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:04 AM

Yes, I am in the right place! I posted a reply on the sister thread, maybe it belongs here. I just meander around and wonder if I'm in the right spot. ufo, wip, pigs, yep! I'm here to stay. Getting them done, one at a time.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:08 AM

Nanna-up-North: Thanks for the encouragement. I have a total of 30 blocks to make, have done 16, and five more ready to finish up. Working on them in groups of five. When I get the blocks done, just have to assemble. No borders, so there is progress. I'm hoping it will look better in my DDIL's home and when it is quilted. Rhonda Lee, was it you who mentioned getting bogged down in the middle, but liking the beginning and finishing? I'm there!! I'm hoping to get the top done in March for a finish. It;s been such a cold winter here that maybe she'll be able to use it for a while this spring! Just gotta keep going......