Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Correction to BLOCK magazine/book >

Correction to BLOCK magazine/book

Correction to BLOCK magazine/book

Old 03-18-2014, 06:47 PM

thanks for the warning about the mistakes in Block! I will check out the forum also.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:30 PM

You ladies are right on top of your craft. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by Morag View Post
I could not agree more with you. We need to remember that this magazine was put together and published for us by a family and a group of friends for the most part. Could we do any better?
I for one salute that group and Jennie for taking a giant leap into the publishing world. They are not a large publishing company with many proof readers assist them !!!!
Let's give them time to get the corrections out as I am sure Jennie and her group will.

So from me a giant YEAH!!!!!! for the magazine and the work that went into it !!!

Lighten up girls, and remember there was only one perfect person who ever walked this planet.

***** By the way I have just taken a block apart no less then three times to-day and there is nothing wrong with the pattern instructions......It's me LOL! LOL!
Thank you for a better point of view, who could do better? I still think they are the BEST.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:29 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by NanaCsews2 View Post
Add me to the list of members who cannot find the How Tos and Tutorials on the MissouriQuiltCo site. If they have taken this down recently, it would be impossible to find it.
It's still there and has been there. The poster who started this message said she read it in a forum. Go the the Home page of MSQC., select Forum, select How Tos and Tutorials, then open post titled Correction to BlOCK on page 55 .

Last edited by Onebyone; 03-19-2014 at 04:32 AM.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:21 AM

Onebyone, you are much more familiar with the MSQC website than most. Previously it said to go to How To and Tutorials, and that was fine, except that takes you only to the various videos and transcripts. The key word - FORUMS - you must go to the FORUM section and then find the How To and Tutorials, you obviously knew this, but it was not clear to others.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:27 PM

People make mistakes. Every pattern magazine or publisher I have ever patronized has "corrections" found after the fact. This is normal. Some of us need to calm down.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:37 PM

I agree, everyone makes mistakes, especially the first time. However, I think that MSQC should send the corrections to the people who have subscribed to the magazine. That would clear up alot of questions.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:39 PM

It wouldn't hurt to send information on any errors you find to the publisher. I've never dealt with them; from everything I've heard here they are very customer oriented. I can just visualize people in their office frantically trying to find errors and figure out how to fix them. While I agree there should probably be something on the website that alludes to problems in this issue, they may be trying to get everything so they can address them all at one time. When's the next issue due? They are probably going nuts with that one as well. Even with the problems it sounds as though the magazine is a hit. Joyce in DE
Old 03-19-2014, 02:49 PM

I have found the Doan family to be nothing but courteous, I love Block, I am sure they will strive for total perfection. Such a fine group of people. America still offers opportunities to those who work.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:46 PM

I just want my copy!!!!