Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Craftsy class: Color Play For Quilters >

Craftsy class: Color Play For Quilters

Craftsy class: Color Play For Quilters

Old 03-19-2014, 10:37 AM

I was very disappointed with this class since all the others I've done were so good. Maybe after watching it a few more times I will get the jest of what is being taught but I'm not holding my breath. I too wanted to learn to put colors together but this one is so confusing I just can't follow along. I'm not sure if its the content or the way its being taught but something is wrong. Maybe its just too advanced for me.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:51 AM

I've purchased this class but haven't watched it yet -- spend too much time on QB! LOL
Old 03-19-2014, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Nammie to 7 View Post
I've purchased this class but haven't watched it yet -- spend too much time on QB! LOL
You might want to preview it to make sure it is what you were wanting. I was disappointed with one of my classes (Wendy Butler Burns Art Quilt- her Pictorial Quilt one is great), but I waited too long and was outside the guarantee window.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:43 PM

One of the classes I bought on my ipad wasn't what I wanted. Craftsy promptly refunded my money.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:07 PM

I wonder if it's as was suggested if you had to give your iTunes account info to purchase the class then it isn't covered but if you ONLY give your credit card info it is covered. I also have purchased this class but am long past being able to return it.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:31 PM

I absolutely love Craftsy! I've taken tons of classes and have a bunch more that I haven't had time for yet. I've only had one real issue - I got a kit and was one fabric piece short on a jelly roll (I had to match pieces with a layer cake and was one short of a matching set). They sent me an entirely new set of fabric, which included a new jelly roll AND the layer cake! Woo Hoo!
Old 03-20-2014, 05:08 AM

I love Craftsy and have lots of classes. Their customer service is awesome. I had taken the same class, watched a few lessons and knew it was not for me and was promptly refunded my money. They have a number of different New classes out but none that I am interested in. I try to watch a class or part right away to see if I really want it.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:30 AM

I recently took a class from them as sort of an experiment and I thought it was pretty good. I've been keeping my eyes open for more classes that I think will be helpful. The one I took was a FMQ class with Leah Day, but I've watched so many of her YouTube videos that I didn't learn THAT much from the Craftsy video. But that's OK, I don't mind paying her for all the stuff I've learned from her and I did learn some new stuff. I like the Craftsy format too. And that you can watch the video on faster speeds for the parts you already know or for just a really quick refresh.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:15 AM

annie pearl I have that class in my wish list what didn't you like about it? I also have big time problems with choosing colors and fabric only reason why I buy patterns so I can get close to the pattern colors and fabric.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by sewmary View Post
I buy all my Craftsy classes on my iPad. I do not purchase through the app - go to craftsy.com and purchase directly through them. The classes still show up in the app but no iTunes involved.
This is how I do it too....don't like going through iTunes...