2014 Fabric Moratorium

Old 03-22-2014, 06:09 PM

Old 03-23-2014, 06:46 AM

Martina, Love the DE nickname. I think that should go on our Quilter's Acronyms. Nancia, you are correct...one good thing about America is that free enterprise works. Of course, sometimes you pay for what you get. Which I have learned the hard way. I have learned to pay attention to what I buy and feeling the fabric is a big part of that. Anoka,...o-h-o-o-o...lime green and orange. They sound scrumptious to me. Please let us see a picture when you are finished. Lucky baby! I admit I don't watch tv. Did try one episode of Hoarders and I could not watch more. But did give me resolve to keep using up my stash. Irishrose, I am glad you kept your two batiks in the church order. We all have to have a few luxuries in life. This is a great group and we are all keeping everyone's hopes up of using stash. Emma, you are the best with encouraging everyone and yet leaving your cute comments. I always look forward to what you write. Okay...off I go to work on my cat quilt. I am getting down to the deadline I have set for myself. Have to have 2nd side done by next Sunday so it can go off to the LA lady on 31st. Good thing is that I am using stash that I bought for past two years in anticipation of making it!
Old 03-23-2014, 09:04 AM

Failed again...........calla
Old 03-24-2014, 05:47 AM

Calla: We want details! Amount of yardage, color and information regarding any price breaks. Come-on fess up. I just may make it for March, no purchases yet. I may have to buy a yard or two to finish a pieced quilt back but under our "very strict guidelines" I don't think I will have to declare it.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:23 PM

Yes Calla, We want the details. When one of us does fall off the wagon, the rest of us want to drool just a little before we give you a hand back up. :-) Pictures would be nice!
Old 03-24-2014, 10:01 PM

I think the fall here lands you on fabric. Not too bad.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:19 AM
Power Poster

I'm here to make everyone else feel good this month! It's a very long story, but my cousin talked me into ordering & splitting 4 BOLTS of fabric that she purchased wholesale. My (very weak) excuse is that I wanted to make some quilts for veterans this year and had no suitable RWB fabric, so 2 of the bolts were tone on tone red and blue. I also wanted to make some quilts and bags for a children's charity and have zero juvenile fabric, so that was another bolt. The last bolt was a batik. I love it. It is a neutral, but I have no specific plans except to pet it. I'd claim my birthday month exemption except this is so over the top, I'm embarrassed to do so. I think I'm just depressed with the severity of this winter. We still have about 70% snow cover. Oh, well. I'm going to spend a day cutting big block quilts from the fabric so I can get them made in spare moments. Next month will be better. Sigh.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:29 AM

Princess you almost made it. Seems to me that falling off the wagon because you want to make veterans quilts is a really good reason and contributing to a child's charity needs no comment. Now the batik is a little harder. If you combine your birthday and the incredibly bad winter you've had I think its totally justified. See, the power of rationalization triumphs again. Would love to see pictures.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:07 AM

Princess, it's your thread, but I feel anything you use right away is exempt and good for you for making veteran's quilts. The batik is a b' day present to yourself. Emma, thank you reminding me of the birthday exemption. My b'day was this month, too, so I'm covered on my two yards of batiks that snuck into the church order. We still have 100% snow and more coming down. Where is Spring???? I need to go pet my red batik.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:22 PM

Rose: I think Spring is stuck here in Oregon, not necessarily a good thing since we are part of that drought that's hitting California. I'll send us some of the great weather if you'll send us some of that moisture.