Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Repeat a Boom  NEw New New - Signups Closed >

Repeat a Boom NEw New New - Signups Closed

Repeat a Boom NEw New New - Signups Closed

Old 03-24-2014, 03:37 PM

Default Mailing Blocks in the Morning

First of all, Gaijin, I hope your father is comfortable and moving toward recovery. I spent the last 24 hours re-packaging my blocks to send off to my Boom11 and New Repeat Boom swapping friends. I was so happy over the weekend writing a personal note to everyone, including scrap pieces of the fabric I added to the block as a thank you, tossing in any significant sized pieces of the fabric I was sent......well! when it came time to put all the quart size, zip lock baggie into the flat rate envelope......well let's just say it was kinda' like me trying get my right leg into a full-body "spankz" undergarment! . No amount of vacuuming could have pulled that off!

After sliding down the refrigerator door, overwhelmed with defeat Saturday evening, I decided to get the project out my sight until Monday.

So this morning over coffee, I explained to my husband that life was going to be difficult until "we" had opened all baggies with blocks (28 total for both Booms), extract only the finished block....fold it into "Press an Seal" leaving no air space, re-label and get them all into the flat rate padded envelope.

At 3:00 p.m. today we finished! YYaaaahhhhhh! And here is the proof that it can be done! However, Mr. Bee says my QB Board Name, "Bee" doesn't even come close to defining who I am. He has requested that I change it to "Buzz Saw"!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Boom 11 Blocks for Mailing.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	468830  

Last edited by Bee Beatty; 03-24-2014 at 03:39 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
I am curious about the straw thing. Are you sucking the air out of the baggie???????
I just can't wrap my mind about that image.

Barb
yes - sucking air out - just keep straw from food
Old 03-25-2014, 07:09 AM

Blocks on their way to Barb, tracking sent via PM. Thanks everyone! I learned a lot from this Swap. Have lots of ideas for new projects. Looking forward to the next Boom. I had a blast!

Bee (the Buzz Saw) Beatty
Old 03-25-2014, 07:53 AM

So far, I have not had an issue with fitting stuff in the flat rates, but sometimes I have to add extra tape!! Just to hold it together, LOL
Old 03-25-2014, 08:34 AM

lol Buzz saw.....too funny.

I love looking at jelly rolls. I don't buy too many of them. But somehow looking at the colors that they make all rolled up just makes me want to own and hold them. But that said, sometimes what is really inside is not to my liking so I just look. Do any of you love to see them all rolled up. I have a friend who bought a delicious one a few years ago and is using it for decoration on a shelf. Are we crafty ladies a little batty?
Old 03-25-2014, 08:36 AM

I had trouble fitting my finished blocks in the boom 11 envelop. I had to repackage that. It's weird because I did get the wrong envelop and they fit super neat but then the lady was going to charge me abig lot of money. Whoops so I repackage and the PO lady helped me to seal it with tape.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:37 AM

Oh bee I just noticed that your envelop is the padded one. That is the one that the lady was going to charge me lots of money for. Hmmmm? why can't the post office be consistent????
Old 03-25-2014, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
Oh bee I just noticed that your envelop is the padded one. That is the one that the lady was going to charge me lots of money for. Hmmmm? why can't the post office be consistent????
I buy my postage online with mailing label - padded is around $5.60 and the cardboard ones are $5.05
saving U about .55. and U can have the post person pick it up at your home.

Last edited by Nelco; 03-25-2014 at 06:41 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Nelco View Post
I buy my postage online with mailing label - padded is around $5.60 and the cardboard ones are $5.05
saving U about .55.

I paid $5.95 flat rate for the padded envelope in the photo. Got tracking number.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:39 AM

There are 2 versions of the envelopes. make sure "flat rate" is printed on the one you use. They are identical besides that.