Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Secret Pal Swap, Closes March 31st 4pm CDT >

April Secret Pal Swap, Closes March 31st 4pm CDT

April Secret Pal Swap, Closes March 31st 4pm CDT

Old 04-10-2014, 07:15 AM

catjo that could be me at least we get lots of snow and my zip is 18. maybe??
verna that panel is stunning, would make a beautiful wall hanging. I would have never thought about putting it together that way. Really great idea luvs
My partner received her package yesterday or so tracking said it was delivered. Hope she likes it.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:33 AM

both of my packages were delivered yesterday have not heard anything and haven't seen any pics posted, sure hope they like what i sent to them,
Old 04-10-2014, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by lauriejo View Post
Well the pictures of the packages are wonderful, but the puppies are adorable! I hope Fergus is feeling better soon.

Verna is there a selvage on the bird panel? I love that fabric!

I received an amazing box today from Nancy in Louisiana. She really loaded it up with all kinds of goodies!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]470952[/ATTACH]
There is a really neat kit to make a bag, and it's PINK! Not to mention cool books, a PINK quilt pattern, and PINK note cards. Guess what color I like???
[ATTACH=CONFIG]470953[/ATTACH]
She also made some really thick hot pads, and they actually match my kitchen curtains. The peace symbol is a container with a pincushion on top, the little yellow guy is a planter and it came with grass seeds. It is up in the window already. And PINK flamingo fabric!!! That will have to go into a very special project.

We both have pet turtles, although hers is much bigger than mine. When DS got the turtle he was a major Star Wars fan so the turtle was named Jabba the Turtle.

Thanks again for a wonderful package Nancy!
I got the panel at my LQS, "Sewing Etc." They had several left. I can get one for you if you want it. I called her and she said it is from "Elizabeth Studios" if you want to google it. There is some really pretty print that is a companion if you wanted to border it. Anyway, I am not anything more than a customer so I hope I haven't violated any rules by giving you this info.

I am seriously thinking I will go get one for me...Great job Verna! The lady that told me how she put it together is a MASTER quilter...I am more "un advanced"...LOL

Last edited by luvstoquilt; 04-10-2014 at 08:42 AM.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:03 AM

Okay, Sp even though you know who I am, I am still playing along.

Watch this weekend for a parcel to be "swimming" your way and one to "fly in from the Great Wall" near the end of the month. YOur main package will mail on the 15th and is bursting at the seams. Hope you enjoy everything as much as I am preparing and making everything.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:39 AM

I just got my package from Reeskylr and will post a picture in a little while. I just wanted to acknowledge that I had received it as soon as possible. Thank you Reeskylr.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl View Post
I just got my package from Reeskylr and will post a picture in a little while. I just wanted to acknowledge that I had received it as soon as possible. Thank you Reeskylr.
Awesome!! Glad you got it and love the goodies.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by verna2197 View Post
Here is the bird panel. I couldn't wait, had to stop what I was working on and see if I could put it together. luvstoquilt I sewed it as you suggested thanks. Now just have to cut the excess off the back, first have to re-sew it. did it at 4.0 width to see how well it matched up, now need to go back and make the stitch smaller.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]470986[/ATTACH]
That is so cool!! I love how the panel can go together like that. I'm going to have to look around for this one too.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:40 PM

Like see what everyone is receiving. Sending SP package out tomorrow. You live quit a ways from me.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:55 PM

This is what I got in my package today from Reeskylr. I got 4 1/2 yards of beautiful blues, purple, and red fabric. 4 FQ's in blue and purple. A large bag of scraps. A skein of coral yarn. I like to crochet so that will come in handy. A pattern to store all those grocery bags that I have. A package of microwave buttered popcorn. A book that I can't wait to start reading. It's from an author I haven't read before Darynda Jones, but I think that I will be reading all of her books. And lastly a jar of the mini beef treats that my puppy happens to love. It's the same ones that I use to teach him tricks with.
Thanks again for a great package Reeskylr.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]471098[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SECRET PAL SWAP RECEIVED APRIL 2014 A.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	758.7 KB
ID:	471098  
Old 04-10-2014, 04:33 PM

Default I finally got my March package!

I waited almost a month, but it was really worth it! I actually enjoyed the anticipation! Dya (fabric lover) from the Netherlands sent an amazing amount of stuff in a relatively small package. The many things just kind of folded themselves out! She sent beautiful fabrics, two books, Dutch-style coasters and tea bag caddies, ribbons, lace, intersesting tea (that I have never tried!), and lovely buttons for my bow-tuck bags.

Thank you so much!

Gaijin (Deborah)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (9).jpg
Views:	278
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	471110