Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
FFC -- One FQ:  "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c >

FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

Old 04-12-2014, 04:21 AM

Anael, do you sleep??? Those DJs are amazing! I have 2 done in row B now and thought I was making progress. Mirab, I see this as an infinity project!!! That darn QE is pretty good at roping LOL.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:20 AM
Power Poster

**geesh**
I'm being picked on ........ again!

MiraB ... I keep saying twenty years! Sure I've done quite a few, but don't count on the productivity continuing. I know once you get on a roll, you will be whipping them up left, right and centre ..... with those 48 hr days you have!

JanRN ... we all agreed no stress and tension on this one ... and to do it the leisurely way, when we felt like it. You've had other priorities with those Spikes ... and other things. Your DJs will happen when you want them to happen!

OKSGlad ... not as though you don't have other priorities right now too! Weddings take a lot of work by the MOB! More so when she is hosting the event ........ and ultimately, I suspect the Chief Planner and Organizer!!!

**giggles**
I made E3 last night and have E5 done except for the applique centre circle.
Today ... after errands ... shifting gears to the Monthly Theme Blocks!
Old 04-12-2014, 05:44 AM

Thank you Jan! And yes, I do sleep
Old 04-12-2014, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
I think I must be possessed to get roped into ahem I mean encouraged to make Dear Jane. Anael all those beautiful blocks and I have yet to finish my second row, I am feeling really inadequate and QuiltE I love your blues. Now how long we do have to make this quilt, would that be 2 years or 5 years????
LOL Mirabelle,I started a few years ago with my DJ so I should have finished it by now. This is an ongoing project
Still waiting for my Nearly Insane book. I hoped it would arrive today but it didn't so now I have to wait till Tuesday!
Old 04-12-2014, 06:07 AM

Hey y'all
I just have to pounce in here and say how impressed I am with your Dear Janes. Being a total Luddite, I am also impressed with Anael's use of Excel to lay hers out - awesome! (Would never have occurred to me, sadly.)

QuiltE was totally right with her answer about my FFC fabric - my last bits have all gone to HuntAnnette - and I am still one of the Few Who Have Resisted QuiltE's DJ blandishments; I just lurk and admire.

Alison
Old 04-12-2014, 07:45 AM

Thanks Alison!
Don't come here too often, QuiltE will rope you into a DJ before you know it
Old 04-12-2014, 11:23 PM

Tomorrow I will post my last 5 blocks, promise!!!!! Just a little applique to finish one off. That will be Rows A and B finished

Then I can sew them together before I look at Row C. Am trying not to flick through the book as I would be tempted to do all the easy ones and then I would be stuck with ALL the hard ones....
Old 04-13-2014, 08:16 AM
Power Poster

AlisonQ ....... LURKER!!!!!!
Thanks for your contributions .......... and keep on with the lurking, but be sure to participate and TALK to us here!!!!!!!

Anael ........ shhhhhhhhh! don't give her any extra insights or ammo.
However, you have been known to do your part at the roping in!!

MiraB ...... wheeeeeee! looking forward to seeing those In The Pinks!!!
Old 04-13-2014, 03:13 PM

ohhhhh yes!!! please!!! would love any little pieces of leftover FFC fabric...I haven`t used the one AlisonQuilts sent me yet but I will..... I haven`t been here in a while.....sometimes time just flies by so fast you loose track of it...dang...so much going on this winter...I`ve even been to France and Spain( I even got fabric) and it was amazing!!! I will get back to my DJ eventually!! You ladies are doing just awesome....I took a peak at everyone`s work and I `m jealous....
Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Anael ... Impressive, all round!!!!!!
I think I count 115 ... wow!!!!!
And my goodness, for someone who does not like applique, you do seem to have mastered it quite well.

GGal ... Thank you! So if MiraB is "In The Pink", and I have "The Blues" ... what do you suppose Anael's DJ is? ..... could be a bowl of jellybeans! Surely there is something better than what I offered. Are you asking about the DJs done with the FFC fabric? That was HuntAnnette ... she's had a busy winter, quilting and travelling, but will be back with us when the time is right. As for AlisonQuilts, not a Janiac Maniac ........ yet! But is supportive of the cause having sent her remaining FFC bits to HuntAnnette and some blues to moi!

Sooooooo if anyone has any leftover FFC fabric (regardless of size) and no plans for them, I know HuntAnnette would appreciate your sending it her way.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:48 PM
Power Poster

HuntAnnette ... good to see you back with us and virtually quilting!
Got Snow?? ............. hopefully you are seeing it disappear some, though it looks like this week might change that, yet again!