Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Triplet baby girls' quilts? Any ideas? >

Triplet baby girls' quilts? Any ideas?

Triplet baby girls' quilts? Any ideas?

Old 04-18-2014, 05:04 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by alisonquilts View Post
I'm going to suggest a super easy pattern (rail fence) but using different colors in each quilt. Perhaps keeping one color the same to unify them, but otherwise go with coordinating-but-interesting colors. I'm suggesting rail fence because it has a three bar pattern (for the triplets), is dead easy, and can be very modern looking if you choose modern fabrics. I'm attaching a pic of one I did in non-traditional fabrics.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]472188[/ATTACH]

Alison
Love the symbolism and color scheme!
Old 04-18-2014, 06:29 PM

I love the fabric line and colors and your quilt.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:04 PM

If you have a line of fabric that you like, make all three quilts from the same fabric just different patterns. For example, one with hearts, one with stars, and hugs&kisses blocks just to name a few. Then make each border a different color so they would all be different but have some things the same.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:58 PM

What I thought of immediately is the 3 wise monkeys, see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. In the center of each qjilt, one of the monkeys done in a cute childish style, with border designs and actual border(s) in bright colors or brightly colored children's prints. Same quilt, different center, each showing one of another set of triplets. Different quilts but related. Not what you asked suggestions for but it popped into my head so thought it was worth putting out there.
Old 04-19-2014, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by kathyd View Post
What about turquiose? Could work with the purple and pink! Triplets will be lots of fun (and lots of work I'm guessing!) Have fun and I hope things are going well for the mom-to-be!
Have you looked at some of the Michael Miller Fairy Frost fabrics? They are just beautiful for baby girl quilts, and there is one that is a turquoise with a lavender color in it - that looks spectacular with their pink and their purple fairy frost fabrics..............I believe webfabrics carries most of the fairy frost colors.....I made a quilt for my neice's first baby using 4 of those fabrics, and I interspersed machine embroidered blocks done on the white on white fairy frost, and everyone loved it.....
Old 04-19-2014, 03:21 AM

What about using pink and purple for all three quilts but adding in a unique color to each, to make them a little different? With pink and purple, I'd probably use sunny yellow for one, lime green for another, and turquoise for the third. And I'd definitely use the same pattern for each...... And white to tie them all together with the pink and purple.
Old 04-19-2014, 03:29 AM

I like the turquoise third color, but would avoid blue. Psychologically I always felt like I got the boys color when I got blue and my sister got pink - Saw it again when my daughter was in her father's wedding and she got the blue dress but the new wife's daughter got pink. We told her it was to show she was on the groom's side, but it didn't help much.
Old 04-19-2014, 03:38 AM

What about finding one focus fabric that has three colors in it to use in all three, then use the individual colors more in each of the quilts? So you'd have like a purple, pink and turquoise floral in one with pink, one with purple and one with turquoise. I think that would tie them together and yet make each one individualized.
Old 04-19-2014, 03:48 AM

i really love the riley blake fabrics for these baby quilts!! and its all done right there--one turquoise, one raspberry and one yellow! those are modern prints and modern colors. i like the fabrics so much i intend to order some!! is there a name that is easily searched? i do know this generation of moms typically do like modern colors and fabrics that appeal to them vs the babies who don't much care at this point!
Old 04-19-2014, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by mrs. fitz View Post
What I thought of immediately is the 3 wise monkeys, see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. In the center of each qjilt, one of the monkeys done in a cute childish style, with border designs and actual border(s) in bright colors or brightly colored children's prints. Same quilt, different center, each showing one of another set of triplets. Different quilts but related. Not what you asked suggestions for but it popped into my head so thought it was worth putting out there.
I love the humor in this.