Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Triplet baby girls' quilts? Any ideas? >

Triplet baby girls' quilts? Any ideas?

Triplet baby girls' quilts? Any ideas?

Old 04-19-2014, 06:09 AM

For those interested in the Riley Blake fabrics, I got them on Amazon but I see they're also on Ebay. I got the 15 FQ set and it was about $45. It's called My Mind's Eye by Andrea Victoria for Riley Blake.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:33 AM

Have you thought about using Lime green? I made a baby quilt awhile back using pink, rose and lime green and it was really pretty.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:06 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by salederer View Post
Have you thought about using Lime green? I made a baby quilt awhile back using pink, rose and lime green and it was really pretty.
I have as I know they like that color. I am not sure what the two other quilts would be then though.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:08 AM

You could usr the same pattern with different colors and then applique a different animal on each.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:19 AM

My thought was to go and just look at what's available. Then pick something you just love and get other fabrics to go with it. Say a beautiful floral and then the colors that blend. Make each with the floral but different blends. Such as
then make one in gold, one in pink and one in lavender.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:34 AM

My grandaughters are going to be 14 in Sept and when they were born I didn, t know a thing about quilting but a number of years ago I discovered quilting and of course since then they have each developed colour favorites.They all have red hair but that doesn, t seem to affect their likes although one of the 3 has now decided that she is not in favor of her red hair..remember that what one does not think of the other two will !
Old 04-19-2014, 07:58 AM

I think aqua pink and white are pretty together.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltNama View Post
If you have a line of fabric that you like, make all three quilts from the same fabric just different patterns. For example, one with hearts, one with stars, and hugs&kisses blocks just to name a few. Then make each border a different color so they would all be different but have some things the same.
Originally Posted by teacherbailey View Post
What about using pink and purple for all three quilts but adding in a unique color to each, to make them a little different? With pink and purple, I'd probably use sunny yellow for one, lime green for another, and turquoise for the third. And I'd definitely use the same pattern for each...... And white to tie them all together with the pink and purple.
And put their name in small print on it. Also talk with your daughter about coming up with a symbol for each girl to tie in with each quilt, Star, heart, flower like in the quilts. The symbols can identify things before they can read their names.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:13 AM
Power Poster

I would lean towards the same pattern, but in different colors, besides purple and pink, how about soft yellows or aqua, or maybe a raspberry, I would think any soft color, or go the opposite and make them very bright and colorful. I'm probably not helping, but the possibilities are endless. Congratulations to DD, she's going to be a very busy Mom this summer, and congratulations to you as well, 3 grandkids all at once.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:17 AM

I agree with the same pattern and just shifting color locations.