Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
APRIL FQ SWAP : BATIKS! Closes April 1st, 2014 >

APRIL FQ SWAP : BATIKS! Closes April 1st, 2014

APRIL FQ SWAP : BATIKS! Closes April 1st, 2014

Old 04-20-2014, 05:14 AM

Good Morning! I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter! We will have a peaceful and SUNNY day here in Wyoming and I intend to use it wisely. (I am sewing!!!) . I hope that you find a reason to smile today. I can't wait to see a few more swaps come through.

Question: did the longer mailing time help anyone ? I want to know if its better to have two weeks to mail or should it I stick to a firm 5 days? Its all up to you your the ones playing. I am just sending out "I blew it" packages (seem to do this on a regular basis thank you all for forgiving me when I do). I think though this month was a bit more successful any thoughts on this vs secret pal? I know you love secret pal I do too but it seems more people are being responsible and taking the shipping seriously because well.. we all know if it didn't get mailed. I had two people that I made an error on their names (happy lab vs happylab) and we were able to solve one of them and the other I will fix. I can go back to secret pal if you think its safe to do it... so let me know please.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:18 PM

Happy Easter!!!

I am fine either way..secret pal doesn't really matter, as the fabric colors/patterns are still secret until the person gets them. Time to mail is no biggie to me either (gheez, I am sooo easy going...lol) as long as they're mailed within the time frame that is set.
My main issue is making sure if someone sends then they also get back. And if someone doesn't fulfill their end then they don't get to play. I'm sorry if that's harsh, but the ones being "shorted" probably don't think it is harsh. And I know I wouldn't want to be the one being "shorted".
Lastly, I see no need for you to apologize, Brat...as you're doing the best you can..and none of us have waved our hands volunteering to take this on...My hands are firmly down at my sides...lol..

As always, I am happy to "angel" and help out when needed...as long as hubby quits being "Tim the Tool Man" and getting injured! (Said with love for dh...)

Kif
Old 04-21-2014, 07:37 AM

I dont mind either as secret or paired. Paired was fun because i was able to get LaurieJo sochi colors to help her get a jumpstart on her quilt. And it doesnt matter if we tighten up the ship date or not. I live in the sticks so getting into town means planning ahead to get to the quilt shop. I am hoping I am the only one left who hasnt seen their swap yet. If so, consider it a successful swap and whatever magic pixie dust you sprinkled worked!
Old 04-21-2014, 10:18 AM

Recieced package toa fom Sheri R I just love them I have never seen any of them before. Can't wait to use them.Thanks so much for swapping with me.

Marie[ATTACH=CONFIG]472557[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	April swap.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	472557  
Old 04-21-2014, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by tubsfam View Post
Recieced package toa fom Sheri R I just love them I have never seen any of them before. Can't wait to use them.Thanks so much for swapping with me.
Marie
I had a lot of fun shopping for those. I found the most fun QS off the highway driving home from watching princess golf. I used the extra as a quilt back for a wedding gift this last weekend!!

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	205.3 KB
ID:	472559  
Old 04-21-2014, 03:39 PM

Those are some lovely fabrics! Love the deep rich colors...
K
Old 04-22-2014, 04:42 AM

What a pretty quilt back! What does the front look like???

As far as secret vs paired, either one is okay with me. The advantage of a longer mailing deadline is time to shop after I know what my partner really likes so I can personalize the choices somewhat.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by lauriejo View Post
What a pretty quilt back! What does the front look like???
My front was made with blocks I received from a D4P swap hosted by jclinganrey in January. They were hard to give away. I hope I get in her next Batik D4P!!

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	162.2 KB
ID:	472688  
Old 04-23-2014, 06:15 AM

Wow Sheri what a GREAT quilt! ooo la la! who is the keeper of the quilt? if you don't have any volunteers... just saying...

The blue batiks are gorgeous Tubsfam. So glad you received such a wonderful set! well if its up in the air on partners vs secret partners I am sticking with partners. Its easier to be accountable if you know where they live I think we have some great players here. Then we have people who go missing and we have gulp me. But things tend to get fixed so even if they are late they are there. That is a grand thing in my world. I am easy to please. I understand not everyone looks at things so simply. So bear with me please We will have a quick sign on up the 25 and the 1st I will get names out again. I have surgery on the 9th so gotta get things done before then! patriotic ladies patriotic.. or reds, whites, and blues your call in case you have more of those than flags and fireworks and stars.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:12 PM

Wow SheriR that turned out great, haven't even started on mine yet, but I sure recognize some of those blocks. Think my next one will be batiks also. I'm collecting those lavender - purple and turquoise colors and probably have enough but they are all set aside just for a quilt.
Happylab added to it today when I received these beautiful batiks! They are perfect for sure and will most definitely be used in the quilt I want to make. Thank you so much happylab, they are perfect for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [ATTACH=CONFIG]472822[/ATTACH]

Name:	DSCF2042.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	472822