Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
APRIL FQ SWAP : BATIKS! Closes April 1st, 2014 >

APRIL FQ SWAP : BATIKS! Closes April 1st, 2014

APRIL FQ SWAP : BATIKS! Closes April 1st, 2014

Old 04-23-2014, 08:42 PM

Brat, you're so funny! I needed a quick gift for a wedding I thought I had missed. I was reluctant to gift away my pretty batik blocks. I spent zero money on this as the blocks were from the swap and the back/batt I had!!! I practiced some free motion and put the bride and groom's names mingled with hearts and loops lol. Don't look closely. I'm not real good at FM, But I'm FREE.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	472832  
Old 04-23-2014, 09:17 PM

Well she did say she was FREE right.. um got about three quilts sending your way right of way because you POSTED your free so phew the cost is right in my range! ha ha heee heee gotcha! WHAT? you lied??? sheesh ... guess those will sit on my counter til I can find the backing (always helpful) then send them on to my quilter locally. jan

I am so thrilled to see your pretty fabrics Jaba those could NOT have been better picked. Its like she knew you! and well just got notification from Maggy she received hers also so thanking the good heavens for such a lucky thing. I feel better each and every time one comes in so .. keep them coming! I need to see all returned nicely and did my part. Praying I don't need any angels so cross fingers with me, lets say a goofy prayer like.. hula bula fabric come flying home. if that doesn't work we go to plan B. since I hadn't planned on ANY failures this month I will think of that plan when it happens or should I say IF it happens. Crossing fingers happy thoughts....
Old 04-25-2014, 07:33 PM

Since no one has written yelling I guess I will start the new swap sign ups? here goes nothing!!!
Old 04-25-2014, 09:44 PM

I left a note with nurse bonnie to confirm she picked up her package. I havent heard from her. And still waiting on her pkg. you said she mails in her own time frame.....
Old 04-26-2014, 04:18 PM

Trippgal,
Nb also doesn't usually let you know she received your fqs, either. Which I like to hear from my partner they received so I know they weren't lost... I have had a few that don't let me know. But I guess maybe I am "Sweating the small stuff" here..as long as we ALL get our fqs that's what matters...
K
Old 04-26-2014, 04:35 PM

That's why I started sending mine 1st class, automatic tracking number and I know they received. I don't think it's "small stuff" kiffee, it's called courtesy, plain and simple, whether you like them or not, seems like there are people that have a really hard time saying the word "thank you". Just don't understand.....
Old 04-27-2014, 04:34 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
My front was made with blocks I received from a D4P swap hosted by jclinganrey in January. They were hard to give away. I hope I get in her next Batik D4P!!
That quilt looks gorgeous! You did an amazing job free motion quilting too.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:00 PM

I have been late with my thank yous....but when I got home, I found my wonderful fabrics waiting for me. Thank you to Teresa (tlambing) for the beautiful pastels and thank you to Kelly(TheMamaHauser) for the wonderful earth variety and special surprise. I can't wait to use all of them! The two of you have restored my faith in swaps. The swap packages were a great homecoming surprise!
Old 04-27-2014, 04:10 PM

Jaba,
Agreed on all. My dad used to say that all the time, "It's just common courtesy...". Rest his soul, the older I get the smarter I realize he was! I send mine 1st Class as well, didn't dawn on me to check the tracking number...that's a novel idea... Which leads me to another of my Dad's sayings, "You have to be smarter than what you're working with...". Lol. He loved to tease with that saying...I sure miss him....
K
Old 04-27-2014, 05:20 PM

My mother always taught me to never forget those "thoughtful words", please and thank you. My Dad has always done that too and I tried to teach my children that if nothing else. I have heard them upteen times reminding their own children to say those little words and even hear them now with grand children. Kind of makes me smile, I made plenty of mistakes raising them for sure, but this is certainly something that must have soaked in. I hear you on the missing part, still have my Dad here at 95yrs. old and in fairly good health which I am so grateful for. My Mother died 20 years ago next month and there are things all the time that just makes me smile like it was her for sure. Just little things that can crop up day to day, thank heaven for memories.