2014 Fabric Moratorium

Old 04-30-2014, 11:56 AM
Power Poster

Went to the LQS for their open house last night and put my blinders on while walking through the store. Not a single scrap of fabric went home with me. I did sign up for 2 classes and did buy a stencil and 2 skeins of pearl cotton.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:56 PM

I just went to my LQS and bought only the light bulb I was after. Last week when I needed embroidery floss, I only bought 1/2 yard of a fuchsia Shadowplay I need for my bed quilt. I used the one I had in the quilt for the church and had to replace it. Whoops, forgot the yard of tie dyed batik for my daughter's quilt. Still, not a bad amount but it takes me off the April no purchase list. Such is life.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:22 PM
Power Poster

Dang! I blew it on the last day of the month. I had given my cousin 4 yards from an 8 yard cut, so I thought I was doing well. Today we ordered a bit of a coordinating print from the same line. She needed it to make her quilt, & asked me if I wanted a couple yards too, and I caved. The bad part is that I had no specific plan for the original 4 yards, and now I have 2 additional yards to keep it company. But it's really pretty. I don't suppose that I can rationalize it by saying I gave her 4 yards, added 2 so I'm ahead 2 yards for the month? Also, we ordered it online so it won't get here until next month... Sigh.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:01 AM

I made it through the month without buying any fabric I did however buy the new EQ7 for my mac!!!!!
Old 05-02-2014, 07:48 PM

I did good in April and did not make any fabric purchase. However, I need to buy fabric in May, but it is backing fabric so I will be I the guidelines of the Moratorium.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:58 AM

Well, I'm joining Fabriholics Anonymous. I bought placemat fabric (to make gifts, you know) and some was on sale, and some not. Then I thought taking a sweatshirt jacket class with my guild would be fun, so I had to get fabric for that, ya know. And while I was buying that fabric, I saw a lovely tote bag and that class was offered, so that turned out to be another opportunity to stay in the fabriholic state. My credit card started smoking, so that's it for quite awhile. Why can I not resist buying? There's a lot of fabric waiting to be stitched here, and now I have more. ACK!
Old 05-03-2014, 05:55 AM

Coopah: You will find many sympathetic ears here. We have had some quilters that have not bought fabric for over a year. People to be very much admired, but secretly I think some of us think they are the ones that need help. I am at the point that if I just cut back and at least consider before I buy I count it as a win. Just recently fell of the wagon big time but was welcomed back on the wagon. We freely give dispensation for lapses, welcome aboard!
Old 05-03-2014, 09:30 AM

I did real good in April until last weekend. Then I went to a One Stop Shop Hop. Have been away from my machines for over three weeks. Since I can't sew, I bought more fabric to stitch once I get home. I think May will be better - at least I hope so. Like Emma said, I do think about my purchases more than I have in the past. Just love all that beautiful fabric - hard to resist!
Old 05-03-2014, 04:40 PM

Look how good you all are doing! And those of us who have slipped a bit, well, we are very mindful about what we are spending, which is a huge improvement for me. I feel all in all we deserve a "well done for April!"
Old 05-04-2014, 12:26 PM
Power Poster

My cousins came over yesterday. One has a son getting married in the fall, so we were doing Paper Princess wedding stuff. While we were occupied, her sister shopped my stash & and went home with about 15 yards. (She gave me 9 yards, but I guess I'm still ahead).