Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 05-06-2014, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Costaricaquilter View Post
Yes, that is exactly what I mean. Try and tear organza and you will find that it will NEVER tear. I also use it for cutwork, hooping it under the fabric, doing a running stitch around the cut out area, carefully trimming away the top layer and completing the design. When finished, use a stencil cutter to melt away the organza and you will have perfect cutwork that will never pull apart as the stitches are being held by the organza. With wash out stabilizers, they go even under the stitches leaving nothing to support.
I'm afraid, that I am a little paranoid about stabilizers as without the proper backing, the embroidery is useless. Hope this helps.
Meant to add, that twinkle organza works best! It is the most stable.
Wendy
Wendy,
Where can the twinkle organza be purchased? Do you have an online source?
Thanks.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:40 AM

Location: San Isidro de San Ramon, Costa Rica & Calgary, Canada

Originally Posted by GrandmaSewNSew View Post
Wendy,
Where can the twinkle organza be purchased? Do you have an online source?
Thanks.
Ah, yes, where to get it. I just did a search online and apparently Amazon.com has white, Fabric.com has it and so did ebay. I have never used any of these sources for Sparkle Organza so can't recommend. But I think when I was teaching and got a chance to go into Joanne's fabrics and bought it. I just checked and Nancy's notions also has it and probably the shipping will be the most reasonable. Hope this helps, and if you have any problems using, you can send me a private email.
Wendy G.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by mcw1947 View Post
I have a husqvarna scandinvia 300......I have had it for 5-6 years & have yet to get any success w/ it
Partially I am scared of trying to get things from on line into the proper card.
I have pledged to get this going this year !
Don't understand why you haven't had success with your HV Scandinavia 300; I have had mine for 9 years and have done much with the 4x4 hoop and the Plus hoop, even on toilet paper!!! I save designs onto the blank card I purchased and add and delete designs as I need. Hoping you'll soon get much success from your machine. I wish the machine could use larger hoops, but as far as the machine is concerned for how it sews and embroiders, I would never trade it....I would save up $$ to purchase another wth the larger hoop but will never give up the 300.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by labtechkty View Post
Thank you. I purchased the design. I can't recalled the name of the company right off hand but can look it up if your interested.
Very interested - when you have the time I would really appreciate it.
Thanks
Old 05-07-2014, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jratcliff View Post
Very interested - when you have the time I would really appreciate it.
Thanks
Glad to do it.. laurassewingstudio.com, look for her wedding ring designs, she has some others on her site that I want to do, but just haven't gotten around to them yet..have a good one..
Old 05-07-2014, 03:18 PM

I bought my sparkle organza from Hobby Lobby. Comes in many colors. It is nylon, which was what was recommended at an embroidery art quilt class I attended. Nylon melts beautifuly. Polyester organza was not recommended as it melts with globs. Hard to find nylon only, but I was excited to find so many colors--sparkle and non-sparkle at HL. So far HL is the only store I can find nylon-only organza.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:11 PM

Looking to do embroidery with a bernette chicago. Cant read bernina emb. Extension on usb stick. Anyone know what extension to download designs on usb stick?
Old 05-11-2014, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by FinelyFabricated View Post
I have a Babylock Ellageo. I haven't used the embroidery nearly as much as I thought I would. But that has to do with losing my job to outsourcing and not being able to find another. This embroidery setup is complicated and the few designs I've tried were too dense for the fabrics.

I'll stick with just quilting. I'm thinking of selling this machine and buying a good general purpose sewing machine.
With the Ellageo you can make your designs either larger or smaller than the original pattern. If your design is too dense try making it bigger to see if that will thin it out. DON't sell your Ellageo. Even if you only use it for sewing it is a fantastic machine with lots of great features. I wouldn't take a new car for mine.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by lclang View Post
With the Ellageo you can make your designs either larger or smaller than the original pattern. If your design is too dense try making it bigger to see if that will thin it out. DON't sell your Ellageo. Even if you only use it for sewing it is a fantastic machine with lots of great features. I wouldn't take a new car for mine.

I don't have this machine but I certainly agree with keeping it!! Iclang will one day want to give embroidery another try and then what? If the machine is paid for, you can only lose $$ by getting rid of it. Sounds like the machine dealer needs to work with her.

I learned everyhing I know about machine spembroidery by reading the boards, joining appropriate Yahoo! Groups, websites, etc. My dealer was useless and I did not wanpt to take time out driving the 45 minutes each way to get to them. Always learning "online" even 7 years later! Love having my embroidery as an option. I am predominately a quilt piecer, btw.

Sandy
Old 05-13-2014, 05:22 AM

I,too, am a self taught machine embroiderer. I would definitely NOT sell the Ellageo. I just purchased a practically brand new Brother 6700D at an estate sale. Feel like I almost stole it! I had a Brother 1250D so this is quite a step up for me but I love it so far. Sandy, what embroidery forums do you belong to? I gather so much info from this site on quilting that I would like to join an embroidery forum. Always willing to learn! Guess that's why I taught school for 26 years!