Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes May 1st >

May 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes May 1st

May 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes May 1st

Old 05-14-2014, 05:31 PM
Power Poster

I also sent my package, and someone up north of me should check their post office Saturday. I hope you like your package. I had fun making it.

Pat I love how you put the pincushion in the matching basket it sets in.

Last edited by JuneBillie; 05-14-2014 at 05:34 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:36 PM
Power Poster

Susan, what a great pin cushion and goodies you got today. great package. love those fancy pins too.

Tornado watch, such a scary thing to go thru. As i've said once b4, we get water spouts and mini tornados, about 4-10 feet high. but mostly water spouts over the sound. i'd be terrified to see such a thing.
stay safe!!!!!
Old 05-14-2014, 07:22 PM
Power Poster

Thank you lynnie. The yellow with the blue is so pretty together. I went to wal mart today, and they had pretty beads I could have got, but they didn't have the longer pins. Well, they had some long ones, but they were like for floral use, and were about 5 or 6 inches long. I guess I would have to order pins.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:52 PM

Beautiful package you received! How fun!
Old 05-15-2014, 02:21 AM
Power Poster

Thank you Peg. We all have such fun on this swap. It will be fun making funny and cute little chickens in August.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:01 AM

Wow, Susan, you got a great package from Pat. She does good work! How did your doctor appt. go yesterday? How are you feeling?
Old 05-15-2014, 05:38 AM
Power Poster

Karen thanks, and I ended up rescheduling yesterday's appointment. It was so humid and hot, and my kidney infection that I have had for about 3 months is bothering me the worst right now, so I told their office I needed to see the urologist next Tuesday before I could even make that trip. It is about 2 hours away with not being there before. As I told another that we had to just go to get a few things at the store locally, and I was so sick just after that. I did get some rest last night. I will be ok though.

My dear husband bought me some wide pots with brackets to attach to the rails on the front porch so I can plant some flowers in them for the summer since I don't feel like working in my yard as I did last year. He knows how much I love my flowers.

He always encourages me to never give up on doing things here on the quilting board too, because he says he sees how much I enjoy it. Bless his heart, because he is sick too. We are a sorry lot as my aunt would say. lol

I grew up in I guess you would say my "formative years" lol in Chicago, so though most of my life has been in Tennessee I still have people ask me where I am from. So I will say it like this.
Yall, have a great day! All of you on this board are so talented. I have to really try hard around you folks.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:25 AM
Power Poster

susan, you can use the long pins. I feel , the longer the better. You can stack more beads onto it. I have a hard time finding longer beads.
Still no word from my swap partner. I still haven't rec'd a pkg yet either. Hopefully tomorrow.

It's overcast but still beautiful today, about 70*, and low humidity. love it that way. The pool at the clubhouse is opening in 2 weeks. tomorrow the tiki bar opens to get us in the 'mood' for summer.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:19 AM

Karen Yes my neighbor got 5" of water in his finished basement. He has now put out everything that got wet outside to be picked up by a special garbage pickup. He has even put out panelling and 2 X 4's. My neighbor in front of him had 8" of water and same thing with them everything is outside. Today was the first day I could run the dehumidifier as I couldn't empty it. So now I'm waiting for the floor guy and of course there is another downpour of rain today. There was a tornado that touched down in central Ohio and did some damage and I went through the National Park and what a mess. Some roads are still blocked and there is even part of the railroad track that's out. I'm so very lucky.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:43 AM

Wow, Pat, you are really lucky. How is your leg?