Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes May 1st >

May 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes May 1st

May 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes May 1st

Old 05-16-2014, 05:32 AM

That's where all my water came through by the windows. I have glass block but one of them is a vent so that's where that one came from and the other one has a piece in the middle that I can't tell if it's open or not but the other one is just regular glass and it came from the sides. Most of my stuff was in plastic bins so it wasn't so bad. I did notice that all the wool coats and jackets got soaked. I just brought them outside to dry and then I'm going to a laundromat to wash them when I have time. Ha that's a good one. I hope that you get everything cleaned up. I did get some water in the garage and I wished it would have got the squirrels. I always did have trouble with my knees so it could be that but I'm walking ok it's just when I have to bend them. I think any kind of chicken would be good.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:28 AM
Power Poster

Laurie I am sorry to hear the cleaning up you are having to do. Many affected from all that water. I just had a feeling something was going on with you. Glad everyone is ok though.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:42 AM

Laurie, I agree. It should up to your sister to take care of her own stuff. You have enough on your plate. Sorry about all the stuff for the garage sale. Is there anything at all salvageable? I agree with Pat. Any kind of chicken would be good. It will be cool to see what everyone comes up with.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:59 AM
Power Poster

My goodness.seems like everyone is having troubles these days. Hope your all doing better. I would like to vote for any kind of chicken for the pin cushion. That gives a lot more to choose from.Makes for more variety.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:23 AM

Some of the stuff would be salvagable, but I really don't want to try to wash all the clothes and bedding again. The queen mattress and box spring are toast, and the some of the cheaper furniture is already starting to split. At least nothing that got wet was irreplaceable. The garage sale stuff wouldn't have brought much money anyway so it's no big loss. Mostly just a pain in the keester.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:22 AM
Power Poster

Mary we are all a mess on this board aren't we? It seems like it has been either weather problems and what they leave behind or sickness. I hope it settles down soon for all of us.

We have had rain all day today.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:34 AM
Power Poster

ohh, any kind of chicken would be so much fun. just imagine all those chickies all in a row.
I hope everyone has dry weather ahead. it's hitting us all in different ways, and it's just horrible.
We're expecting bad winds and rain (flooding) today/tonight). The wind is wupping out there today.
no word from my swap partner yet and i still haven't received yet either.

everyone, try to have a great day.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:29 AM

I just went through the National Park and saw where the train tracks are broken. So much mud and trees down and a lot of roads are still closed.
On a better note. I just got my wonderful pincushion and matching needlecase from Susan. I also got goodies, a pair of small scissors, cute pins, charms, and cute note and a map of the Longest Yard Sale in the World. Thanks so much. This is just so much fun.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	May Swap 001.JPG
Views:	279
Size:	553.1 KB
ID:	475736   Click image for larger version

Name:	May Swap 003.JPG
Views:	281
Size:	451.6 KB
ID:	475737  
Old 05-16-2014, 12:29 PM
Power Poster

I am glad you like it. It was funny, because I was at the post office sending yours to you, as they handed me mine from you. The day I sent it the temps outside were so hot and humid I was afraid to send you chocolate, so I always have smarties on hand. My husband's favorite candy, and I like them too. lol

That is terrible to still have roads closed, and the train tracks that way. We have a train that goes through not far from us. I can't imagine seeing that. When we have bad storms we are use to having trees down.

I heard somewhere that this summer may be extremely hot.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:09 PM

OK now I've had it. I had left the garage door open today as it was still wet in there and I wanted the leaves to dry so I could pick them up. I noticed a whole box of screws and a spray paint can were on the floor and I figured it was the squirrels so I went in and started banging my rake on the wood and something is looking back at me. A RACOON.That did it. I guess I live on Animal Farm and I'm not happy. So Shandra told me to put some food down and I put some bread and the squirrel started eating it. I shooed him away and then looked again and the racoon was eating the bread and ran into the hole under my garage that leads to the sewer system. I wish it had eating the squirrels.