Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed >

BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed

BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed

Old 05-16-2014, 02:55 AM

TheMamahauser's cards are wonderful, esp how they are personalized for each swapper.
Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser View Post
When I finish sewing the blocks, I include a special business card that I got through one of the millions of VistaPrint promotions. On the front it has my name, my board name, contact info, etc., and on the back I have lines to write who the block is for, the date I sewed it, and the name of the block itself. For $10, you can get 250 cards (maybe more, it's been a while now). I make sure that the handwritten info is facing outward when I package everything up.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:56 AM

Terrific! I've added you both to the list. Thank you.

Originally Posted by marcialee View Post
as far as labels goes I use return address labels and just write my board name on them.

Janice, Mosher92(Lori) and Marcialee are in for boom 13, we want to do the fast one. Thanks
Old 05-16-2014, 03:15 AM

Good morning QA, like Joan said, you'll send all your pre-washed and sealed up F8s to me in a single package. how many will depend upon the size of the group you are in. As i plan to keep sign-ups open for a couple of more weeks, we won't know group size for a while yet so hang onto them until i post groups and send my mailing address. And don't hesitate to come here and ask questions. Questions always help the other newbies and most of the repeat Boomers can answer your questions just as easily (and often before) I can.

Originally Posted by quilt addict View Post
I am new to this kind of swap. I sent an email to Janice. I will probably have questions once we start. First is when do we mail in our fat eights? Do they all have to be the same fabric if you are in a large group?

Thanks,
Old 05-16-2014, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
HA! We have you beat!

"Arizona KAT - born August 13

KatsKid - born March 13

KatsKidsKid (AZTess1) - born February 13

13 doesn't scare us :-)

KAT"

August 13 is my DD#1's birthday too.
LOL My daughter's birthday is Feb. 13 and it was a Friday when she was born.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:38 PM

Janice,
sent you an email. I am in for a large slow group. I too will be sending out a variety of fabric as I am using my stash and a good friend just gave me oodles and oodles of F8.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:01 PM

Don't know how many of you are still on the fast boom 12 thread, but just finished putting your blocks together and the quilt is ready for the quilting table. For the new ones to the booms thought you might like to see a pic of the blocks I received and the quilt I put together with them. Not the best pic but think you can get the idea of what you can come up with. [ATTACH=CONFIG]475825[/ATTACH]Sorry one of my ironing tables is in the way but you can see most of it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8029.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	618.5 KB
ID:	475825  
Old 05-16-2014, 07:04 PM

Jaba That looks gorgeous!
Old 05-16-2014, 07:13 PM

Good evening Boomers! Just a bit of a status update here. We've got 20 signed up so far and one 'iffy'. The group requests are spread all over the spectrum so we'll see how the next couple of weeks go. Remember to tell you quilting buddies about the swap and bring them over to the Boom side!

As Jaba reminded me in the post below, be sure to check out the previous swap threads. Both the Slow & Easy and the Short & Sweet threads have occasional posts so check them out. Buslady recently posted all of her blocks for Boom 11 on Slow & Easy.

I'm going to be offline for most of the weekend so if anyone signs up or emails me, you may not get an immediate response, but I WILL get to you! Thanks and have a terrific weekend. i hope the weather is lovely where you are - except if you are in SoCal, all of CA really, I'll be wishing for rain for you.
Old 05-17-2014, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by Billi View Post
So I went back and looked at pictures from past booms I think I am intimidated! I saw some really really great stuff where do you guys get your block ideas? Do you use patterns for them? Books? Magazines? On line? Please give me some hints and secrets on your beautiful work.

Also in reading the directions it says I should use removable labels on my baggies is there a particular label you use? Or way you do it that works for you?

Thanks for the hints
Quilterscase.com, click 12 inch blocks, you will have more ideas than you can finish.
Old 05-17-2014, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by Billi View Post
So I went back and looked at pictures from past booms I think I am intimidated! I saw some really really great stuff where do you guys get your block ideas? Do you use patterns for them? Books? Magazines? On line? Please give me some hints and secrets on your beautiful work.

Also in reading the directions it says I should use removable labels on my baggies is there a particular label you use? Or way you do it that works for you?

Thanks for the hints
That's quilterscache.com