Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed >

BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed

BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed

Old 05-18-2014, 07:07 AM

Morning All . . . .

Trying to get ahead of the game this time around.
I read some of you have already cut & bagged some of your fabric. I was thinking of bagging at least 12 to get started. . . . Opinions anybody? GP
Old 05-18-2014, 07:30 AM

I have 16 F8s cut and wrapped. After seeing Jaba's blue and white quilt, I've dug out some blue from "The Stash". I may just have to do another group. I've already got it washed and dried, ready to cut. I'm trying to decide if I can swing it with a great-granddaughter due in July. I know that's going to cut into my time some. I've already made her some burp pads, changing pads and some pacifier clips. Her quilt top is already made, ready to quilt and bind. She won't need receiving blankets in July so they can wait a bit.
Okay, who's gonna' give me that needed kickstart from the rear?
Old 05-18-2014, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by jclinganrey View Post
Terriamn - no crazier than anyone else here!

KatsKidinWI - my birthday is on the 13th so I'd say it's a lucky number for me too!

Jane
Happy birthday!
Old 05-18-2014, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
I have 16 F8s cut and wrapped. After seeing Jaba's blue and white quilt, I've dug out some blue from "The Stash". I may just have to do another group. I've already got it washed and dried, ready to cut. I'm trying to decide if I can swing it with a great-granddaughter due in July. I know that's going to cut into my time some. I've already made her some burp pads, changing pads and some pacifier clips. Her quilt top is already made, ready to quilt and bind. She won't need receiving blankets in July so they can wait a bit.
Okay, who's gonna' give me that needed kickstart from the rear?
Me....me.....me...me. I can't imagine our swap groups without you! And sharing the excitement of the new granddaughter with you....who better than your Boom Buddies? I am going for the larger commitment this time around. Christmas in July F8s for everyone! And a different F8 for each Swap member! A king Christmas quilt is the goal! I have been collecting Christmas fabric for three years....it's time to do this!

Bee is buzzing!
Old 05-18-2014, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Groovy Pieces View Post
Morning All . . . .

Trying to get ahead of the game this time around.
I read some of you have already cut & bagged some of your fabric. I was thinking of bagging at least 12 to get started. . . . Opinions anybody? GP

Hi Groovy!

You're in with us...that's great! I have 30 different Christmas fabrics chosen from my stash! Most of them are Fat Quarters I have bought here and there. I have thrown them together in wash with "color grabber sheets". I will press and cut into F8s. Since we do not know how the groups will be organized yet, I will wait to bag each F8 with info when I know. For me it is easier to handle each bag once. Looking forward to swapping with you!

Buzzy Bee
Old 05-18-2014, 02:39 PM

I have about twenty cut but plan to be in a fast and slow.
Old 05-18-2014, 03:19 PM

Oh, what the heck, I just cannot resist! I'm in for a fast and a slow group. Talk about weak-willed....that's me. We just have too much fun in here to take a chance on missing out!

Last edited by Libster; 05-18-2014 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-18-2014, 03:57 PM

Default Just a reminder...

Some highlights for this swap to clear up a few questions i've gotten:

We use FAT eighths only, 11 x 18 inch pieces in this swap.

I’ll act as the ‘distribution center’ of sorts. Everything will run through me, F8s and completed blocks.

Deadlines, once established, are firm so I will be expecting everyone to man-up (woman-up) and keep that deadline. Anyone not finishing on time will hold up the entire group and I wouldn't want to be that person.

If someone doesn’t return the blocks they are supposed to make from the F8s they receive, I will not return their completed blocks until they finish.

Anyone not completing the swap will receive negative feedback.

Anyone with any questions can email me or and i will answer as soon as i possibly can.

We are up to about 22 firm sign-ups and a couple who are still a bit unsure. Thanks to everyone who has signed up for Boom 13!
Old 05-18-2014, 04:24 PM

well I started looking at the fabrics that I've had for a long time thinking that maybe I can finally get something done with some of them that I didn't know what to do with them. So here is the fabric for a large group and yes I have enough for 30 pieces if we need that many.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Boom 13 fabric.JPG
Views:	258
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	475986  
Old 05-18-2014, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by seasaw2mch View Post
well I started looking at the fabrics that I've had for a long time thinking that maybe I can finally get something done with some of them that I didn't know what to do with them. So here is the fabric for a large group and yes I have enough for 30 pieces if we need that many.
Ooooohs and ahhhhhhs! Almost looks like watercolor! Beautiful choice!