Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed >

BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed

BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed

Old 05-18-2014, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Oh, what the heck, I just cannot resist! I'm in for a fast and a slow group. Talk about weak-willed....that's me. We just have too much fun in here to take a chance on missing out!
Way to go Libster Looking forward to this one!
Old 05-19-2014, 05:43 AM

Jaba your blue and white quilt is amazing, so beautiful! I signed up for the large group and now am considering the small group also. What to do, what to do? I would have to finish up the two swaps that I am in but it looks like we won't get started till the middle of June so that would give me at least a month to finish up. hmmmmmm
Phyllis
Old 05-19-2014, 06:26 AM

So you really are telling me you have time, hmmmm! I don't care if it's a large or a small but I really like the fast group. I'd even do 2 fast ones if I could. Really like sending them all in at once too, didn't think I would but so glad I decided to give it a try. Amazing how much smoother it went and you got everyone's back. Now to just decide what to send.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:01 AM

Bring it on! I've got the yellow to match this. Leftovers from Boom 12.

Originally Posted by seasaw2mch View Post
well I started looking at the fabrics that I've had for a long time thinking that maybe I can finally get something done with some of them that I didn't know what to do with them. So here is the fabric for a large group and yes I have enough for 30 pieces if we need that many.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:14 AM

I am loving all the fabrics being posted every time I see a new one I start mentally going through my stash figuring out what I have that will go with and hoping I'll get to play with it. They're all so different and I am already having more fun than I thought I would.

Wating for June 1st is almost like waiting for Christmas eve.

I'm kind of hoping that we'll be in one giant group with a compromise deadline of maybe 3 month in stead of 2 or 4 because I want to play with all of the fabrics, yes I am a toddler I hate to be left out of anything. Hahahaha
Old 05-19-2014, 08:33 AM

Billi, I love the fast turn arounds instead of the 4 month ones but Id be willing to do the 3 month turn around if it meant a bigger group too. Im like you, I love seeing ALL the F8s people send! Wish I could have seen all the finished products over the years people have made but if they are like me they might still have tons of blocks waiting to be made into quilts!
Old 05-19-2014, 09:22 AM

Afternoon All. . . . Hhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyy. . . . . really LIKIN' that 3 month ONE BIG group idea. . . .

Jan McC: Hint, Hint. . . . Clue, clue ? ? ? . . . . GP

Originally Posted by Billi View Post
I am loving all the fabrics being posted every time I see a new one I start mentally going through my stash figuring out what I have that will go with and hoping I'll get to play with it. They're all so different and I am already having more fun than I thought I would.

Wating for June 1st is almost like waiting for Christmas eve.

I'm kind of hoping that we'll be in one giant group with a compromise deadline of maybe 3 month in stead of 2 or 4 because I want to play with all of the fabrics, yes I am a toddler I hate to be left out of anything. Hahahaha
Old 05-19-2014, 09:41 AM

The last Boom that I participated in, we sent to the individual that we made the block for. This will be new to me, to send the blocks all together in one package. Everybody that mentioned it seemed to really like it so I am sure that I will like it also.
How many are signed up now?
I just sent an email to join up in the small group. Yipee...........
Phyllis
Old 05-19-2014, 10:09 AM

You all slay me! Roflol! "Suggestions" about group length and group size! omgosh. Well, let's see how the groups continue to shake out and i'll adjust our groups as necessary so that as many people as possible are happy. We are up to 23 for sure. We had one drop but picked up Bluelady. There's still one 'iffy', that's me. (We'll see how these next few weeks go for my sis.) And don't forget, many of those 23 are in for multiple groups so the numbers are actually getting up to a nice size. We can still use a lot more, of course, but you all know I'll work with however many members we have.

Have a lovely afternoon Swappers. oh, and as we will probably have multiple groups, i need group names, ladies! Any suggestions there? of course, there's always the old reliable, "lucky 13", but somebody's got to be more creative than I am.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:37 PM

KatsKid should be in a Group called Friday. She was born on a Friday the 13th. I know. I was there.