Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes May 1st >

May 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes May 1st

May 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes May 1st

Old 05-19-2014, 11:55 AM

Today I had a doctor appt. for a checkup. Everything is ok. Then I went to donate blood. I try to do it on a regular basis. I think this time brought me up to 2 gallon since being here in Florida. I don't mind donating since I am O+ and it can be used by a lot of people. The only thing I hate is the stupid pressure bandage they put on your arm afterwards and have to keep there for 4 hours. But the discomfort is a small price to pay.

I haven't tried the hexies yet. They do seem like they can be addictive. Do you cut out each individual little hexie or buy them already cut? I think it would be a lot of work to sit and cut all those out. I don't know if I have the patience to do that.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:56 AM
Power Poster

thank you , susan andKlaws. everyone here is so supportive and helpful. I'm grateful for finding this site and for finding such great people. Some people think i'm crazy for calling you my quilty friends. but you all are. we get involved in each others lives and probably know more about each other than some "real life" friends do.
Just want to let you all know that I'm grateful for all of you. thanks
Old 05-19-2014, 11:59 AM

Thinking of you, lynnie. I'll be saying a prayer for you Wednesday.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:10 PM

I'm so sorry about your stepfather, even though he wasn't very nice. He will be judged. Just think of all of us on Wednesday wishing you the best. I'll be saying prayers for you. Gee I've been saying a lot of prayers lately.
Take care and I'm here too
Old 05-19-2014, 12:23 PM
Power Poster

thanks, it's been moved to thursday. they're creamating him first. so it'll be a Catholic service at 8
the viewing is 6-9 pm. Larry is coming home from work early. I feel badly for my Nephews. they're 12. first my aunt died 2 yrs ago this time. then their mema ( my sister is gay and they called her wife Mema), now their grandfather. a bit much to handle for these kids.
thanks everyone
Old 05-19-2014, 12:25 PM
Power Poster

We are like a little family here lynnie. It's an extra blessing.
Karen glad everything was ok. You have given a lot of blood. They never will take mine. Too much wrong with it. lol
I thought the hexie's would be a lot of work too, but they weren't too bad. Now I don't have those ready cut papers or ready cut fabric. I just cut some squares that when I laid a template out of paper on a square that the square would leave enough room around them. You don't have to be that accurate or I wasn't, and then I took my scissors and just cut the fabric a side at a time around the hexie. I just held mine, but you can put a pin in the center. One thing I did that I read that helped me was after I had some cut out, after I folded over one little side then I put a paper clip over it, and made stitches after a pressed the next little side over the paper counter clock wise. I have lots of sewing to do, but it was something relaxing while watching a movie with my husband doing hand work. Lynnie got me interested in it, and I am glad she did.

Now for a pic or two of special goodies I had received from Lynnie who is so crafty.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]476091[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]476092[/ATTACH]
The first pic is the card with a cute bumble bee, and the mirror she embellished so pretty, and the key chain with pretty beads and charms.
The second pic shows the work she did on the back. It's such beautiful work, it must have been done on her embroidery machine.
I really love it Lynnie. It's been a long time since I had a new key chain, and I like pretty mirrors. My daughter in law recently got her an embroidery machine so I am going to show her what you did with that mirror. She will love it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2026 (Small).JPG
Views:	70
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	476091   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2029 (Small).JPG
Views:	73
Size:	166.4 KB
ID:	476092  
Old 05-19-2014, 12:36 PM
Power Poster

Little children just have to go through so much in this world. I will add those children to my prayers lynnie. You have us all here praying for you, and I can't think of anything more powerful.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:48 PM
Power Poster

I forgot to add above that I took dad to the doctor and he didn't have to go to the hospital today. They took his blood work though, and the doctor says if they need to they will call him if he does need to go in. I got to ask his doctor some question today though, and that was very helpful. He called him in a prescription for something for pain for the first time, because his back was hurting him so badly. It's just the giving out of his bones.

My turn with the urologist is in the morning. All of you are in my thoughts, and prayers daily.

Last edited by JuneBillie; 05-19-2014 at 12:57 PM. Reason: double post
Old 05-19-2014, 01:04 PM
Power Poster

hopefully the doctor will give you something for that and you'll be better soon.
Susan, glad you like thed mirror. it was on the machine. If your daughter does it.
she needs 2 layers of heavy duty solvy, sometimes i use 2 layers, and in between
i put a bunch of smaller pcs. to add support. it's alot of stitches. i love the way they
come out. I may someday. make one for myself.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:35 PM

Yes I received the pin Cushion and it is lovely, so pretty in Pink and with Roses my middle name and yes I do love roses. It has taken a while for me to get around and post this Included is a picture as well. I love the stick pins to use as a stiletto. Great idea. My Pin cushion came on a day that I needed a smile and a hug and it was perfect. Thank you again so much.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	May pin cushion swap.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	476131