Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed >

BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed

BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed

Old 05-22-2014, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by KatsKidinWI View Post
How about the 13 club?
Or flip it club 13

I am really looking forward to this, I've been reading what everybody wants to do and decide to keep with my original plan and trust the group with color choices just giving a small bit of direction on they kind of white to use (if they are going to use white). You guys are so creative I think I will get some beautiful combinatins that I never would have thought to put together this will encourage me to expand my own horizons.

Is it June 1st yet?
Old 05-22-2014, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Good morning Joan, A second fabric IS OPTIONAL if you wish to send it and a single block would be made with those 2 fabrics, just like you did with Themamahauser's block in Boom 12. I believe it's not about not trusting the group members to match one's fabric but more about having a certain vision for one's quilt. We're going to do this as a trial, totally optional. Do whichever you prefer.
Joan, All,

My thought about sending the second background fabric is as Janice described above..."not about trusting the members to match my fabric, but more about the final design of the quilt...." Sending a different F8 Christmas focus fabric to each group member will create a lot of variety in the blocks. Providing the second background fabric, cut from the same off-white, snow flake fabric will create the overall design look of the quilt. As for the design of each individual block ----go for it! Use as many colors and any design you like. Just sayin'..if you choose to use white, off white, ivory, almond, etc.......you will have the second F8 to use.

BUT (When I read Janice's original e-mail upon first glance, the words BIG MASSIVE BUT jumped off the page! I have been ROTFLOL ever since... , I do not want to impact Janice in any way! I so love these swaps and the wonderful support and learning experience they provide....not to mention the great people I have met! Having a new idea is in my wiring...that's how I earned the name Buzzy Bee! BUT not every new idea is a good idea! That's why these Boom Swaps are perfect for me. I trust members to have everyone's best interest at heart....and help me keep it real! Love all you swappers! Happy to rethink my idea on this.

Buzzy Bee
Old 05-22-2014, 05:48 AM

Again, this has been done before so those of you who want to try adding a second fabric, go ahead, just keep your individual f8 pkgs as small and FLAT as can be.
Originally Posted by Bee Beatty View Post

My thought about sending the second background fabric is as Janice described above...
Buzzy Bee
Old 05-22-2014, 05:51 AM

I'm still just flip flopping back and forth on what to send in. Maybe just do a "eenie, meanie, mighty, moe" pick and decide. Need to get them cut and bagged so they are ready to go.
Old 05-22-2014, 06:33 AM

Has anyone heard from April or Linda lately? Didnt know medically how both were doing. I miss their chatter, esp Lindas crazyness! Havent had time to cut or package my F8s yet..hope to get it done this weekend since its a 3 day holiday for me at work...hopefully NO babysitting as much as I love those kids I dont get my stuff done!!LOL...Have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend everyone...thanks to all who served this wonderful country!
Old 05-22-2014, 07:20 AM

OH, Oh, I had a vision and didn't even ask if it would work for Janice.

Would it be a problem if I labeled and sent different fabric to different people? I wanted to send some of my yellow back out but didn't want the people who have already made me a yellow block to have to work with the same material again.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:12 AM

This may be wishful thinking but I have 25 f8's *packaged, labeled and ready to go and I have more where that came from if needed. **

Kat this is what it says in her original directions*

When mailing your F8s to me for distribution, please make sure they are individually sealed in a Ziploc bag or tightly wrapped in Saran Wrap. Label each F8 with your board name along with any instructions or color requests. (DO NOT SPECIFY A RECIPIENT unless a certain fabric is being directed to a particular person. Doing so slows my sorting process immensely.)*

I think if its just a few people it may be ok*

Old 05-22-2014, 10:34 AM

AZkat, that's no problem at all since you are sending different fabrics to different people. Go for it.
Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
OH, Oh, I had a vision and didn't even ask if it would work for Janice.

Would it be a problem if I labeled and sent different fabric to different people? I wanted to send some of my yellow back out but didn't want the people who have already made me a yellow block to have to work with the same material again.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:43 AM

Default Check it out...

Here is a list of those who have signed up so far. If I have left anyone off the list, it was inadvertent so please don't hesitate to let me know. There are still 2 people who aren't 'for sure' yet so I've left off those names.

Bibliostone
Libster
Joanelizbay
Jaba
jclinganrey
Groovy Pieces
Bee Beatty
ArizonaKAT
Billi
Nelco
moonrise
KatskidinWi
nanakathy55
seasaw2mch
terriamn
ncquilter
urgodschild2
Quilt addict
mosher92
Marcialee
Gaijin
Sunrise450
Bluelady

There are still 10 days to sign up so if anyone is reading this and hasn't decided, you still have some time but I will be closing sign-ups at 11:59 pm EDT on 6/1.

Last edited by Janice McC; 05-22-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:47 AM

Travelinggramma, please check your email. I just replied to your email. Thanks!
Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
My avatar was taken at Quartzsite AZ this past winter with the full moon coming up over our truck and home