Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes May 1st >

May 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes May 1st

May 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes May 1st

Old 05-22-2014, 12:36 PM

Thanks Karen I added it to my favorites too.
Old 05-22-2014, 02:37 PM
Power Poster

Thanks Karen. I will check it out.

Lynnie I am praying, and hoping all is going well for you and your family.

Lauriejo I am glad you are doing ok. It has been a rough month for people here.

It looks dark outside. I think we are getting ready for a storm. I just heard the thunder.
It has been hot and humid today.

Take care everyone.
Old 05-22-2014, 06:46 PM
Power Poster

Hi everyone. tonight was tough. Of course everyone ignored my dh, he's the greatest, they aren't I tried talking to my mom, she ignored me. i tried making a date with my 12 yo nephews, they're all booked, again. when i talked with them, my mom dragged them away mid way thru the conversation to meet, get this, my brothers girlfriend from 30 yrs ago. No one had anything nice to say about him, other than he didn't know how to show his feelings, except to my son and my sisters two kids. WHen i walked in the whole first row was taken up so Larry and i sat in the second row with my sisters new girlfriend. Her wife died about 11 months ago. she didn't waste any time getting over her. she said she's moving on in her own way after just the first month,(Her wife had leukemia) I felt sad for the boys, first their aunt died 2 yrs ago, then their Mema, (my sisters wife) now their grandfather. No one had anything good to say about him.
I'm in a crummy mood because I'll say it, everyone ignored me when i tried to talk, and the whole family has never accepted Larry, even though he was sent from heaven just for me. He's a saint. he's great. total opposite of my mom's husband.
Good thing, i got a few job leads for working in the funeral parlor. I used to work for a casket co, so that sort of stuff doesn't bother me.
Hope everyone had a great day, and good weather to you. and come JUNE, everyone will have a better month than this one.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:03 PM
Power Poster

I am glad you got through everything lynnie. Yes, we will all hope for a easier June.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:23 AM

Lynnie, I'm sorry that things were so hard for you. Now that it's over you can breathe a little easier. Families can be wonderful but some can also be horrible. Some of my close friends have been on the horrible end. Like they say, you can pick your friends but you can't pick your family. So, please consider your friends here your family. {{Hugs}}

YES, lets hope that June is better for everyone!!!

Last edited by klaws; 05-23-2014 at 03:26 AM.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:46 AM
Power Poster

Hello everyone. Just wanted to give a big hello to everyone. It's pretty here today with the sun shining, and a bit cooler than yesterday. Will be in low 80's which is nice. My husband the other day hung up a couple of those bell shaped bird seed things next to our other bird feeders, and the birds are happy. I want to figure out how to make a little sign to put up in that area and paint on it 'Bird Diner". lol.... Or maybe 'Bird Cafe' What is a good name? I need suggestions.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:51 AM
Power Poster

thanks everyone
Susan, what a cute idea.
still on the bench waiting for my pincushion. maybe tomorrow, if not, i have to wait till tuesday.
Off to brunch with friends and to play Rummicube.
it raining and cool today.
everyone enjoy your friday and hope for sunny non-humid days ahead.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:01 AM
Power Poster

Well some how I missed a couple pages on here. Of course one of them would be the pin cushions that came in. Which were very nice. Lynnie glad you made it through with the help of your wonderful sounding husband. So long as he makes you happy and stands by you that's all that matters. Like my husband says,"you can pick your friends ,you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friends nose." What that means I don't really know,but it always makes me laugh. Have a good day all.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:58 AM

lynnie family can certainly be trying at the best of times. Maybe they don't like your hubby because he makes them look bad?

Thanks for the link Karen, some really cute pincushions on there.

I am still waiting to hear if dgeskine, Scrapper and roserips have mailed yet. I don't like to nag too much because you never know what difficulties someone could be going through in their real life. I usually send a PM after the deadline has passed, then if I don't hear anything I will try an email. Scrapper and roserips both responded that they would be mailing this week, but I haven't heard a word from dgeskine and she hasn't been on the board in weeks. I am sorry that some of you have had to wait, but I can promise that everyone will receive eventually.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:17 AM

Lynnie At least you did go and even though your relatives weren't very nice it is now over and done with. It sure sounds like your DH is the greatest and that is their loss.

This is the best day here. It is 60 with a slight breeze and oh so sunny. I wish it was like this all summer. I did some yard sales and most of the stuff was crap. I did get a Laurel Burch purse with wooden handles and it was only $1. I always buy anthing I see of Laurel Burch stuff. I love her fabric. She died a few years ago and they are keeping up with her line. I thought last year was bad as they say the odd numbered years are bad but this one isn't going that great. I hope too that June will be better. At least I have a 4 day holiday. Woo Hoo.