Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed >

BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed

BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed

Old 05-23-2014, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Here is a list of those who have signed up so far. If I have left anyone off the list, it was inadvertent so please don't hesitate to let me know. There are still 2 people who aren't 'for sure' yet so I've left off those names.

Bibliostone
Libster
Joanelizbay
Jaba
jclinganrey
Groovy Pieces
Bee Beatty
ArizonaKAT
Billi
Nelco
moonrise
KatskidinWi
nanakathy55
seasaw2mch
terriamn
ncquilter
urgodschild2
Quilt addict
mosher92
Marcialee
Gaijin
Sunrise450
Bluelady

There are still 10 days to sign up so if anyone is reading this and hasn't decided, you still have some time but I will be closing sign-ups at 11:59 pm EDT on 6/1.

How many will be in the slow group? I will not be able to get F8 ready until after the 1st as I am out of town.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:08 AM

Unknown at this stage. People are currently shifting groups and others are joining and others withdrawing. it happens every single day so today's number will not be the same number on June 2, the day after sign-ups close. And if i give group numbers now, guaranteed there will be some upset or confused people on June 2, when the real numbers come out. Please be patient!
Originally Posted by Nelco View Post
How many will be in the slow group? I will not be able to get F8 ready until after the 1st as I am out of town.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:12 AM

i loved the yellow! I seldom use it and now I'm thinking I 'need' a yellow and white quilt myself. Good grief, these swaps make me yearn for more and more fabrics and quilts.
Originally Posted by KatsKidinWI View Post
Oh jeez, I dont want to do yellow again.....hahaha, don't care what you send mom, can always create new masterpiece with it..
Old 05-23-2014, 06:47 AM

Ive never been a "yellow" nor a green person but my favorite quilt Ive made has both colors as primary!! And the other day I was sorting my stash and found I had more green fabric than any other color...weird! Im thinking I need a red and white one at some time...have a blue basic one and fall colors and black and white..I REALLY dont need another one for me....hmmm...who could I give another one too?? Pretty soon Im gonna run out of friends and family to give them to so will have to donate some! LOL Anyone else have this problem??
Old 05-23-2014, 06:54 AM

joan, just looked at some of your completed quilts in your "finished quilts over the years" album and I LOVE the hearts and gizzards quilt! Two color, strong contrast, great pattern - what's not to love?
Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Ive never been a "yellow" nor a green person but my favorite quilt Ive made has both colors as primary!! And the other day I was sorting my stash and found I had more green fabric than any other color...weird! Im thinking I need a red and white one at some time...have a blue basic one and fall colors and black and white..I REALLY dont need another one for me....hmmm...who could I give another one too?? Pretty soon Im gonna run out of friends and family to give them to so will have to donate some! LOL Anyone else have this problem??
Old 05-23-2014, 08:48 AM

Joan, you could always make some lapquilts and donate them to a nursing/retirement home. Some of those older folks don't (or won't) have any family to visit them and any gesture at all means so much to them. They love displaying quilts on their beds. And not only the ladies, the men do too. It's something that is theirs only and they love having them.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:12 AM

Default Boom Blocks and Gifts

Receiving a quilt from someone is very-heartwarming and never forgotten gift. I have a young single - working mom with two great kids living next door. Her mother passed a couple of year ago and father some years prior from massive heart attack. She is a wonderful mother, works hard and is a good neighbor. I am making Josie and Billy quilts for this Christmas. Can't wait to put them under the tree.

Really enjoying the posting by this group already! The squirrel story is priceless! I can picture the movie trailer now. "Woman kills giant squirrel with ultra-high pitched sound waves recorded on face time!" That situation would have me climbing walls sideways

Just for fun, I attached a photo of the Blocks I received back from recent Booms. I made a center medallion to ties all the blocks together. Sashing and Borders, then off to long arm 2nd week of June. Will share photo when finished. This photo is of the center and random first layout. Coming along nicely.

Ready to go.....Boom 13!

Buzzy's Been Busy!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Boomerang 11 Quilt Blocks Arrive Home.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	476505  
Old 05-23-2014, 11:26 AM

Bee, what a great idea! I have the Navy Seal center for my brother in laws quilt and intend to use the blocks you all made with the ships on them as the outside of the seal. Im hoping it turns out as good as yours did!!
I work at a nursing home and our local quilt group makes lap quilts for the residents. I make one each year so they can raffle it off so the residents can have money in their activity funds.

I made that Hearts and Gizzards WAY back, Im thinking 91 or 92 and it turned out really good. I gave it to my best friend for a wedding present and she just lost her husband last week to kidney failure...not sure if she still has the quilt or not. My head is saying "double wedding ring scrap quilt" but my smart side of my brain is saying ....hold on a minute..... There are SO many patterns out there that I want to try..hope I dont run out of time to do them!

8 more days till June 1st!!! :0

Joan
Old 05-23-2014, 01:37 PM

" I work at a nursing home and our local quilt group makes lap quilts for the residents. I make one each year so they can raffle it off so the residents can have money in their activity funds."

Bless you and your group for doing that. You do know how much the lapquilts mean to them. My BFF's DH is a resident and he loves the one I made for him.
Old 05-24-2014, 04:59 AM

i have some guests for the weekend so i'll be out of touch for the most part until Tuesday. I'll respond to posts and emails next week. Enjoy your long weekend!