Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes May 1st >

May 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes May 1st

May 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes May 1st

Old 05-23-2014, 12:17 PM
Power Poster

Thanks again everyone here for your support. I used to think people were crazy calling ONLINE people their friends. Don't knock it till you try it. You all here are the best!!! We are all supportive of each other, and we do know alot of intricate details about each other. and i guess you're right, Larry makes other husbands (especially my mom's) look bad.

Went to IHOP with friends for lunch and then played a few rounds of Rummikub. We invited a handicapped man sitting by himself to play and we all had a great time. (we don't like to exclude someone sitting by themselves). we all laughed so hard, i almost peed my pants!!! (I'll admit it to you all, but not to anyone else).
it's still overcast. rolling thunder today. I like the sound of it.

Hoping to get my pc tomorrow. isn't sign up soon? Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with for yellow or flowers.Have a great night all. going to the new Adam Sandler movie for date night.
Old 05-23-2014, 04:36 PM
Power Poster

Sunday is the 25th.Isn't that the date the sign ups start? I know most hosts won't close out a swap till most people receive their items. Maybe they can't start a new month till then too. What about it Laurie? Everyone have a nice weekend.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:42 PM
Power Poster

Yes, Mary, I believe Sunday is sign up date. I'm hoping that i receive mine tomorrow. That would be nice.LEND tonight. One of the best movies I've seen. full of action from beginning to end. 2 hrs long. funny, belly chuckles.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:19 AM
Power Poster

Well today is another day. Maybe some of us will get our pin cush. and needle bks. Good luck ladies.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by klaws View Post
Peg, I just heard on the news that there was a tornado in CO. I hope it wasn't near you. Are you ok?
oops - Didn't see this till just now...yes! Just fine here. It was north of us. The sky looked nasty!
Old 05-24-2014, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
NanaKathy that needle case is so pretty. I love how they open up, and to a pretty surprise inside.

The flower pot pincushion is so cute. I love how it is decorated.

The big chunk pincushion is very nice too. I have seen that pattern, and thought it would be pretty with lots of room for pins. The little angels and pins are so pretty. What are those blue ball things wrapped up? I just have to know. lol

Lynnie it was a nice day to be by the pool. My husband has that game, but we haven't played it yet.
The little blue candies are like Sixlets, chocolate-filled. You can get any color at Party America, kind of fun.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:53 AM
Power Poster

Hello everyone. still no pincushion here. that means I have to wait till Tuesday to see if i get one.
I hate waiting. Poured last night, now it's hazy, cloudy and sunny all at the same time.

How's everyone coming along with next months designs? I'm working on my chicken design.

Have a great weekend everyone
Old 05-24-2014, 10:33 AM

Hi everyone. I hope that those waiting for the pincushions will get them today. It is a really nice day today. 73 with a dewpoint in the 40's. I did go to a few yard sales and did get a really nice wooden sort of like a candlestick with a metal tart pan on the top of it. When I saw it I said there is a pincushion. I also got the 2 other books in the series by Norah Roberts. And I went to N. Canton to get a Thanksgiving Day dinner to eat for supper tonight.

I'm finally back sewing and I'm making a pincushion for June. My sewing room is still a mess but it was a mess before the flood.

I can't believe it's Memorial Day weekend already. I hope everyone has a safe holiday
Old 05-24-2014, 10:50 AM

Just got back from Joann's. Bought some fabric, wonder clips (best thing since sliced bread), fat quarters are on sale for $1.00, batting and Simplicity patterns are 5 for $5.00. Of course, I bought 5. What a deal! They normally sell for 15.95 and 16.95. I spent $43.25 and saved $125.17. WOW, can you believe it?
It's really hot here today and will be from now on. It is about 91 with about 50% humidity. Tomorrow is supposed to be even worse. Time for me to stay inside and sew this weekend.
Mail hasn't come yet so I don't know if I got my pc or not. Will let you know if it comes.
I hope everyone enjoys their weekend.
Old 05-24-2014, 04:08 PM
Power Poster

Lynnie,I'm still waiting with you. I also started designing my funky chick today.Pat if your sewing room is neat your not spending enough time sewing.lol Wow Karen you did really good girlfriend. Can we see what patterns you bought?It's been raining all day here too. But we need it for the pastures and hay fields. Have a wonderful sunday everyone.