Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes May 1st >

May 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes May 1st

May 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes May 1st

Old 05-24-2014, 04:45 PM
Power Poster

Have a great weekend everyone. Dad went into the hospital today. At least he will rest,etc. I am doing the same.
Old 05-24-2014, 05:24 PM
Power Poster

Mary, it's you and me friend oh this lonely bench. I guess we're not getting anything till tuesday. i worked on my hexes today. got alot done, doesn't look it coz they're 3/4". the whole pc is about 20" x 24" now. maybe a bit bigger. it's alot of work. My hands are really aching and so is my back.
Just need to make my fancy pins for the pincushion and it's done and ready to go.
have a great night all.
Old 05-25-2014, 05:06 AM

Karen You sure got lots of stuff at JoAnn's and saved lots too. I can't even imagine 90's and humid. Today is going to be 77 but not humid. Next 3 days 80 and I hope not humid.

Mary I should be sewing and too much to do after the mess. It's 9 and I've already been in the garage cleaning up there. Got rid of one squirrel nest. He was gone for 4 days and came back yesterday. Not there today. Then I washed more of my unfinished basement part. I'm only doing so much at one time. I'm not pushing it. I spread 2 bags of mulch in the last 2 days and my side hurts now. I can't kneel so I have to bend. Oh this getting old. After the flood here some of the corn fields that were already planted got flooded. I guess they will have 2 plantings again this year. Some of the corn is already coming up.

Susan I hope that your father is feeling better and not in the hospital too long. And take care of yourself too.

Lynnie Wow already done your pincushion. I had started a chicken needlecase before the flood and now can't find the directions. I did start on June's.

Everyone have a great day
Old 05-25-2014, 05:10 AM

Lynnie and Mary, I am also on the bench with both of you. No pc for me yet.
Yesterday, I mentioned about the weather. Well, it is only 9:00 am and already 83 degrees with 88% humidity. It will be like this until about October. This is the reason why I hate Florida! When you go outside in this kind of humidity, it is hard to breathe. Gotta stay inside where it is cool.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:27 AM

I went to a yard sale yesterday and she was moving. So I asked where and she said probably S. Carolina. I said that up here is as hot and humid as I'm going to get. There are so many here that are moving to Fl. And she said that the summers there are for people to stay inside like our winters here. That's a long time to have to stay inside. And I'm in and out all year long. Stay cool
Old 05-25-2014, 07:41 AM
Power Poster

it's pleasant today, it's in the mid 60's very little humidity and a bit breezy. nice weather.
I saw a cute chickie design last night, i'm thinking of doing it, just need to find the perfect
fabric. if i can't get the perfect fabric, i'll have to change my design. I hope i get my wish.

everyone enjoy your day, and have FUN
Old 05-25-2014, 07:55 AM
Power Poster

Well looks like I'm in good company with Lynnie and Karen......Just would like to get off the bench soon.Tuesday is sooo far away.Oh wow today is the Twenty Fifth !!!!
Old 05-25-2014, 09:59 AM

Howdy everyone! I will be posting the sign up later today for June. Unfortunately it will mean that some of our players from this month will not be able to sign up. According to QB rules I am not supposed to let anyone sign up who has not fulfilled prior obligations. I did call one swapper who has been MIA and she will be mailing this coming week. I have sent second emails to the other two to check on their four packages. They had told me earlier that they would be mailing last week, but I need to confirm that they did as I got no tracking information. It might make for a small group, so invite your quilty friends!

Hubby is celebrating his birthday today, so for six months I get to tease him about being an old man. Then it will be my birthday and we will be the same age again.
Old 05-25-2014, 01:44 PM
Power Poster

Lauriejo HAPPY BIRTHDAY to mr. lauriejo.

It's nice here today. My birdies outside have bird seed all over the porch. Some of the doves started coming too, and being bigger they have the feeder swaying. hehe.

I have more gardening ideas than I have energy. I will be going small, and more over the rail pots.

Have a great day everyone. I have a bench on my front porch for those of you waiting. Come on over.

Lynnie you are doing great getting so many hexies done. Last night all I did was sew together a few little pieces where I had some small scraps of like 1" x 3" strips. I had started a little stack of those awhile back before trying the hexies. I love the hexies, and will be doing more, but thought I would finish a couple more of these. Now I am getting like others by having different projects to go back and forth on.

Last edited by JuneBillie; 05-25-2014 at 01:50 PM.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:17 PM
Power Poster

Susan, i worked on basting over 75 today, got them attatched in segments of three (one over two) to form my prisim units. and sewed on about 6 units to even out my top. tomorrows another day and my hands are killing me. forgot i have to make a cake too. and with no mixer too.

waiting for my pincushion on tuesday. got my fabs for my chicken today. will work on it durning the week.

happy mEMORIAL DAY ALL