Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 4pm CST >

May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 4pm CST

May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 4pm CST

Old 05-24-2014, 07:23 AM

Nancy was my SP for this month and let me know she did receive her package, hope you will enjoy it and put it to good use.[/QUOTE]
------------------------------------------------
And I will be posting pictures to brag about the great package jaba sent as soon as I settle my computer issues. Kids coming in this weekend, and it's on their list of to-dos. This is payback for all the time I spent at the kitchen table doing homework with them.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:15 AM

I wanted to post this picture of what I sent to my May secret pal, who sent me a lovely thank you via pm. She collects bears (that's supposed to be a bear mug rug, though my kids thought it was a bunny) and I Spy squares.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	476636  
Old 05-24-2014, 08:32 AM

So glad you enjoyed your package.

Originally Posted by PeginCO View Post
Ok, I'm back! (From fun time with friends)

Hav4boys - you are amazing!! I LOVED my package! Two wonderful old spools...so gorgeous, and I know just where they will go. A McCall's craft pattern for camping items - I am SO making these - we love spending time as a family in the mountains. Three half-yard lengths of great I Spy novelty prints (darling), and several FQs that I adore. Four, count them FOUR, quilting magazines that I can't wait to pour over. Homemade laundry soap I'm eager to try. Twizzlers and dark chocolate - I'm in heaven! Great little stork scissors. Inspiring notecards and stickers because she knows I like to send encouraging notes. And my favorite (well, I also liked those spools quite a bit) -- a tiny pocket prayer quilt, which has enclosed in one of its squares a tiny cross you can feel, though not see. A reminder of God's grace and mercy in my life. Thank you again. I appreciate your thoughtfulness so much! Here's the pic:
Old 05-24-2014, 11:59 AM

Knitette you got to love the puppy even when they are naughty. My Jellybean has been so sad since DH passed. As he would say to me all the time he is more your dog than mine, but He justed to always bring his treats to daddy to break up into small peices for him. Now the little bugger is bringing his rawhide chew sticks up on the couch when he knows better. The only furniture he was allowed to have them on was DH's ottaman and he hasn't gotten up there since DH passed.

Gaijin and Nancy Happy late Birthday.

It looks like everyone has been receiving really nice packages from the SP.

I'm almost done packing up the house. I am totally blown away by the number of things that DH had collected over the years. Most of this was done prior to us meeting. We were together for 6 1/2 years. He had SI-FI, Hotwheels, German WWII figures, vehicles, and books, Transformers, Records (even some of the Hip-Pocket Records, which I'm sure some of you will remember from 67 to 69.) Kiss (he loved the band. He even had brand new never woren concert shirts from every concert that he went to for them.) That's all that I can remember from the top of my head. He had always told me that this was his insurance policy and that if anything happened to him that it would take care of me. His Uncle Karl Wolff was very high up in the SS during WWII and I found his metals that DH had along with a very old flag from his Great Uncles ship that he was the Captian on, which I am guessing is from WWI.

I also found his collection of Harley Davidson shirts and will be making t-shirt quilts out of them and the Kiss shirts at some point.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by PeginCO View Post
Ok, I'm back! (From fun time with friends)

Hav4boys - you are amazing!! I LOVED my package! Two wonderful old spools...so gorgeous, and I know just where they will go. A McCall's craft pattern for camping items - I am SO making these - we love spending time as a family in the mountains. Three half-yard lengths of great I Spy novelty prints (darling), and several FQs that I adore. Four, count them FOUR, quilting magazines that I can't wait to pour over. Homemade laundry soap I'm eager to try. Twizzlers and dark chocolate - I'm in heaven! Great little stork scissors. Inspiring notecards and stickers because she knows I like to send encouraging notes. And my favorite (well, I also liked those spools quite a bit) -- a tiny pocket prayer quilt, which has enclosed in one of its squares a tiny cross you can feel, though not see. A reminder of God's grace and mercy in my life. Thank you again. I appreciate your thoughtfulness so much! Here's the pic:

Would you pm me the tag with the pocket prayer quilt. Love that idea. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much!!!!
Old 05-24-2014, 05:22 PM

I am still waiting for my package. Am I on the bench alone?

Gaijin
Old 05-25-2014, 04:32 AM

OOOPS I made a mistake when I posted that I had received my SP pkg from starships. It was not starships but starshine, so very sorry for the mistake, sometimes I think the keyboard troll is making changes as I type.
Pat
Old 05-25-2014, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
I am still waiting for my package. Am I on the bench alone?

Gaijin
Oh No I'm here with you Gaijin. Maybe it will come tomorrow. : )
Old 05-25-2014, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by homecaregiver View Post
OOOPS I made a mistake when I posted that I had received my SP pkg from starships. It was not starships but starshine, so very sorry for the mistake, sometimes I think the keyboard troll is making changes as I type.
Pat
Ha Ha I thought it was cute, and figured everyone on here probably guessed who you meant anyway.

And I too would like the verse with the pocket quilt-I think I will try to make some to send to Chaplains with deployed units, one of my other activities.

And also a belated Birthday wishes for Nancy and Gaijin.
Old 05-25-2014, 03:13 PM

[QUOTE=starshine;6730805]Ha Ha I thought it was cute, and figured everyone on here probably guessed who you meant anyway.

And I too would like the verse with the pocket quilt-I think I will try to make some to send to Chaplains with deployed units, one of my other activities.

I'd Like the verse also and wonder where you got the little crosses, maybe post a better picture of the Pocket quilt, please....Thank you.