Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 4pm CST >

May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 4pm CST

May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 4pm CST

Old 05-27-2014, 07:28 AM

Did anyone watch the PBS Memorial Program on Sunday night? It was absolutely outstanding. I never miss it and was fortunate enough to attend once. So very meaningful and makes me so proud to be an American. I, like many of you (I am sure), am the daughter of a veteran and also the widow of another.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:36 AM

Yes wonderful packages! Lauriejo is there a link for the tea caddy? that is really cute. So is the key chain. I signed up for June too.

Yes Sharon,(thanks for mentioning it) I saw the National Memorial Concert on Monday night as our PBS station has an auxillary channel that does Create during the day and in the evening rebroadcasts the programs that were on their regular channel from the previous night. It was moving and the personal stories really brought home the reminder of how blessed we are in our freedom and the debt to our veterans and military. And the protection too of our police and fire departments. I had 5 uncles and a brother that were veterans. I look at my efforts to write letters and send care packages as a way I can support them and show my thanks.

And with this thought all of you that have family or friends that are deployed anywhere, tell them thanks for me and I do pray for all of our military that are serving our country where ever they are stationed here or abroad.

Last edited by starshine; 05-27-2014 at 07:53 AM.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:02 AM

Check out the great package I received from Jaba -- the fat quarters are gorgeous. I just want to pet them and rearrange them into different combinations ... may take some courage to actually cut them up, but I will. Have a special project in mind, JUST FOR ME (for a change). She made a great little pincushion and needle book, so no more lost needles and pins in the arm of my favorite chair. Can't have too many small scissors. Magazines are fun to look at. Missing -- one bag of Milky Ways. They are in the freezer right now, which is my favorite way to eat them ... frozen. Thanks again, Jaba, for a fantastic and very generous package. It shows that you put a lot of time and effort into your choices, which I truly appreciate.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	232.JPG
Views:	322
Size:	194.1 KB
ID:	477041  
Old 05-27-2014, 09:05 AM

Oh -- and the placemats -- they are perfect on my round kitchen table. They are a smaller size and don't overlap like the storebought ones do. The fabrics are fun to look at while drinking my morning coffee.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:09 AM

Very nice package, Nancy. Everyone is so creative with their choices!
Old 05-27-2014, 11:39 AM

Glad you like it Nancy!! Would love to see that special project when you get it done.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:19 PM

I received a lovely package from Lori. As my camera only wants to work with this site now and again, this is one of the again times. So I will list what she sent. I am beginning my 2nd vintage hankie quilt, (I so hope I can get my camera to work so I can post pics, as there are a few here wanting to see it), she sent me several beautiful hankies, red liquorice, box of tea bags, fabric, a homemade small fabric bowl as I would call it, (I have to try to make some of those myself), Russell Stover assortment of cakes, (which I have never seen), can't wait to try those yummies, big clips, and beautiful flower seeds, which is great as I haven't planted any flowers yet. Plus I know she is having something sent directly to me....one of my wish gifts....can't wait to see which one. Thank you so super much Lori, especially with you being so sick. Love it all!
Old 05-27-2014, 01:20 PM

Here is my wonderful secret pal package I got from Rutherford,she made me a real cute fabric box,a zipper pouch,and another little pouch plus coasters. So many great gifts. Thank you so much I love it all!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	293.1 KB
ID:	477070   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	302.1 KB
ID:	477071  
Old 05-27-2014, 03:27 PM

I have figured out how to paste my form to send Lori for SP.. Click on the a/A above, the 1st one and I had no problem after that... I am in one more month...
Old 05-28-2014, 05:06 PM

Tomorrow is moving day. Hopefully I'll be back in the swap soon.