Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed >

BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed

BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed

Old 05-30-2014, 05:36 AM

Ill have to check to see if our small post office has any of the padded envelopes. I dont have time to order from on line for this mailing. I personally use the cardboard ALL the time at work and have never ever had a problem with it. And trust me, those envelopes are packed.. I always tape the sides and once around and the flap after sealed. I have 38 in one now and its no more thick than any Ive sent/received BUT...to be a team player I will see if I can find a "padded" one at this postoffice and if I cant Ill drive to Columbia to see if they have any. And Janice, Im sorry I should have made it clearer, I ONLY wanted your address to get the envelope ready..I would never mail till I got the official word from our leader
Old 05-30-2014, 05:53 AM

Joan, no problem if you are comfortable shipping in the envelope you've already prepared. just be aware that I will ship in my preferred packages unless you are requesting separate group mailings. I've got dozens of the padded envelopes here so if you don't have any on hand, you can send me $6 cash per package (or $6 in stamps - large denomination stamps only please) and you won't have to even deal with it any further. I'm trying to make it as easy on everyone as possible!
Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Ill have to check to see if our small post office has any of the padded envelopes. I dont have time to order from on line for this mailing. I personally use the cardboard ALL the time at work and have never ever had a problem with it. And trust me, those envelopes are packed.. I always tape the sides and once around and the flap after sealed. I have 38 in one now and its no more thick than any Ive sent/received BUT...to be a team player I will see if I can find a "padded" one at this postoffice and if I cant Ill drive to Columbia to see if they have any. And Janice, Im sorry I should have made it clearer, I ONLY wanted your address to get the envelope ready..I would never mail till I got the official word from our leader
Old 05-30-2014, 06:01 AM

Just FYI I just tried to order the envelopes from USPS on line and their notice was "If you order between May 28 and June 1 what usually takes 5-7 days will take an extra 5-7 days due to increasing security updates."... whats the item number you suggest ordering?
Old 05-30-2014, 06:33 AM

When I have gone to PO I have found that you need to ask for them. They don't normally keep them available in their kiosks. Also Janice - when you go to mail the huge amounts out - go online and print out the labels. It does save money $5.70 vs. 5.90! And it is easier I think.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:45 AM

I suggest you order some for the future (you can get as few as a pack of 5, no shipping charges) but for now, just send me either stamps or cash and I'll handle it for you! For the future, this is what I suggest: Priority Mail Padded Flat Rate Envelope 9-1/2" x 12-1/2"

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Just FYI I just tried to order the envelopes from USPS on line and their notice was "If you order between May 28 and June 1 what usually takes 5-7 days will take an extra 5-7 days due to increasing security updates."... whats the item number you suggest ordering?

Last edited by Janice McC; 05-30-2014 at 06:56 AM.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:51 AM

True but a lot of people send stamps and/or pre-stamped envelopes so I end up at the post office in line anyway! They always like me coming in as I always pay in mostly ones and provide the small bills they always seem to need. lol. Also, I like actually delivering them directly into someone's hands at the po.
Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
When I have gone to PO I have found that you need to ask for them. They don't normally keep them available in their kiosks. Also Janice - when you go to mail the huge amounts out - go online and print out the labels. It does save money $5.70 vs. 5.90! And it is easier I think.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:28 AM

So, here's what I'm doing unless otherwise directed. Sending 38 f8s in one package, separately wrapped and set in two baggies . . . one for fast and one for slow. Also sending $12.00 for return mail. Right?
Old 05-30-2014, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
So, here's what I'm doing unless otherwise directed. Sending 38 f8s in one package, separately wrapped and set in two baggies . . . one for fast and one for slow. Also sending $12.00 for return mail. Right?
I'm doing the same except only sendin $6 for return postage assuming that since I got it all in one package Janice would too. I'm I incorrect?
Old 05-30-2014, 08:55 AM

If everyone will iron your F8s flat and use a small ziplock bag or plastic wrap them, they should all fit in one envelope easily for the return to us. Those hard zipper bags could be a problem though. Personally, I plastic wrap each one and they come out pretty flat that way.
I am getting so excited. I can't wait to see what everyone sends me to work with. What can I say...I love these Boom swaps!
Old 05-30-2014, 08:55 AM

Right!

HOWEVER, for those in two groups, I believe I can squeeze all 38 f8s into a single package back to you. (Libster has been able to do it, so why shouldn't I if everyone packs SMALL???) So, if you want me to save you $6, i'll ship everything together and use the second $6 as part of the completed block shipping. Totally your choice.

Most of you wouldn't know this but in the last booms, several people sent me all the shipping $$ up front and I basically ran a 'tab' and withdrew each shipping cost from their balance. Most 'tabs' virtually zeroed out within a few cents at the end but a few people got some money back at the end of Boom 12 b/c I was able to combine shipping. (And btw, one person had me keep her overage which i used to buy more packing tape for this round. Thank you to that person, you know who you are!)

Hope this helps!
Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post

Last edited by Janice McC; 05-30-2014 at 08:59 AM.