Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed >

BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed

BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed

Old 05-30-2014, 08:57 AM

Billi, you are correct!
Old 05-30-2014, 11:25 AM

See I was confused. So, I'm sending one package of 38 with $6.00 and getting one package of 38 back. When I send my fast group finished, I send 1 package of 19 and $6.00. Then I send one package of 19 and $6.00 for the slow group finished. That's where my $12 brain was going.

Yep, gonna screw this one up.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:44 PM

Arizona....you think YOU are confused?? LOL I went to the post office today AND asked for the flat priority padded envelopes and they "dont carry them"...I asked about the "fabric feeling" ones and he said you pay by weight on them but he couldnt even estimate how much it would be...so...I think Im going to just go ahead and mail what I already have packaged in cardboard and say a Hail Mary over it and Ill enclose the $6 for Janice to send them ALL back to me in one envelope . I found the priority, padded envelopes (5 per pack) on line and ordered them just now so Im hoping this problem will be taken care of by the "finished" time...Im so sorry to cause such a conversation but I think it cleared it up for everyone....sometimes small town post offices are good..sometimes not! Thanks for ALL the input!
Old 05-30-2014, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Arizona....you think YOU are confused?? LOL I went to the post office today AND asked for the flat priority padded envelopes and they "dont carry them"...I asked about the "fabric feeling" ones and he said you pay by weight on them but he couldnt even estimate how much it would be...so...I think Im going to just go ahead and mail what I already have packaged in cardboard and say a Hail Mary over it and Ill enclose the $6 for Janice to send them ALL back to me in one envelope . I found the priority, padded envelopes (5 per pack) on line and ordered them just now so Im hoping this problem will be taken care of by the "finished" time...Im so sorry to cause such a conversation but I think it cleared it up for everyone....sometimes small town post offices are good..sometimes not! Thanks for ALL the input!

Last Boom, I did the same thing.....went to our postmaster....Jack....lovely helpful guy who told me the very same thing?....don't carry them.....described "soff squishie feeling" he said.....costs more! He even convinced my husband who tried to make me understand I was confused and needed to be more accepting of reality......Well, knowing I was correct! I got online and found them! And the rate was flat up to 70 lbs. Received 5 pack. Used them, great. Going looking for a great post by MamaHauser......will be right back to let you know where to find it!

Buzzing right Bee!
Old 05-30-2014, 01:49 PM

Everybody may be over-thinking this. And KAT, you will NOT screw this up, nobody will! What you said below is absolutely perfect! And I quote: "So, I'm sending one package of 38 with $6.00 and getting one package of 38 back. When I send my fast group finished, I send 1 package of 19 and $6.00. Then I send one package of 19 and $6.00 for the slow group finished." I could not have explained it better myself - obviously since I didn't. The worst that happens is I get too much money and or too many prepaid packages and you get some back! Everybody BREATHE!!! That's it, BREATHE!!! Ah, so much better!
Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
See I was confused. So, I'm sending one package of 38 with $6.00 and getting one package of 38 back. When I send my fast group finished, I send 1 package of 19 and $6.00. Then I send one package of 19 and $6.00 for the slow group finished. That's where my $12 brain was going.

Yep, gonna screw this one up.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:55 PM

Perfect Joan! That's the easiest thing for you. As I said, I've got dozens of those packages ready and waiting for those of you who don't have them. Don't worry, after the tens of thousands (and i do mean tens of thousands) of mailings pieces I've sent in my life, believe me, 40'ish packages twice is a cake walk!!!

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
....I think Im going to just go ahead and mail what I already have packaged in cardboard and say a Hail Mary over it and Ill enclose the $6 for Janice to send them ALL back to me in one envelope . I found the priority, padded envelopes (5 per pack) on line and ordered them just now so Im hoping this problem will be taken care of by the "finished" time...
Old 05-30-2014, 02:04 PM

Fellow Swappers,

If you want a quick "how-to" on ordering the padded flat rate envelope, check out forum search -Fast and Furious, Boom 11, post # 499 on page 50 -posted by MamaHauser. Very helpful!
Buzzy Bee
Old 05-30-2014, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bee Beatty View Post
Fellow Swappers,

If you want a quick "how-to" on ordering the padded flat rate envelope, check out forum search -Fast and Furious, Boom 11, post # 499 on page 50 -posted by MamaHauser. Very helpful!

Buzzy Bee
P.S. To find the post...go to Member Swaps on the home page then click. On the upper right corner click Forum Search fill in "Fast and Furious" in the search window...then enter. Go to page 50....scroll to post # 499, seen at the top right of the post.
Old 05-30-2014, 08:42 PM

Okay, I cut my fabric tonight. I am excited to see what my group will make with it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	BOOM13 fabric.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	477379  
Old 05-31-2014, 04:23 AM

Quilt Addict - Love the fabric -so many colors can be pulled from it - will be fun to play with