Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed >

BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed

BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed

Old 05-31-2014, 01:24 PM

Default Waiting list

just sent an email difergie...

As a reminder to everyone, a couple of days back I posted that I've capped the groups at 20 b/c we didn't have nearly enough interest in large groups of 30-35 and the small groups were becoming too large, causing problems for some who really wanted a 16 person group. Groups too large for a small group yet too small to split up is a dilemma I'd hoped to avoid. If I hold the sign-ups open for a few more weeks, we might get enough for a 3rd group but then many of you will have been waiting 6 weeks for this to begin which is too long, and this is the only time frame this summer that will work for me. So, at this point, I've got a waiting list going. Anyone else who is interested in joining will also go on the list provided they notify me by email according to post #1 in this thread before tomorrow 11:59pm ET. In the event we have some drop outs, and it happened in Boom 11, I will fill the spaces with the waiting list people in the order in which they notified me of their interest.
Originally Posted by Difergie View Post
Janice-just emailed you...hope it is not too late...di
Old 05-31-2014, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Difergie View Post
Janice-just emailed you...hope it is not too late...di
I have been waiting!,,, Yaaaayyy!
Old 05-31-2014, 02:25 PM

Janice that is exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks terriamn
Old 05-31-2014, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bee Beatty View Post
I have been waiting!,,, Yaaaayyy!
On the waiting list. :-(... My fault!
Old 05-31-2014, 06:47 PM

i'm not sure which part you wanted to know, but i'm glad you got your answer!

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Janice that is exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks terriamn
Old 05-31-2014, 07:32 PM

Default REMINDER! Sign-ups close Sunday 11:59pm!

Just a reminder here that we do have a waiting list so if anyone who has signed up for one or both groups and has had a change of heart, please let me know asap, preferably before sign-ups close tomorrow night! Both groups have 20 people so you will be making 19 blocks per group. IF YOU AREN'T SURE YOU CAN DO IT, please contact me. As those of you who have been doing recent booms know, the dates items are due in my hands are not 'guidelines', they are 'deadlines' and are non-negotiable! With this method of shipping/distribution, if even one person is late, EVERYONE IS LATE.

Ok, I've said my piece so on to happier things! If you haven't started cutting, better warm up those scissors and rotary cutters because we are almost ready to go! I'm getting excited! All properly prepared f8s must be shipped with tracking and in my hands by June 23rd. The day I ship to you is the day the 2 month and 4 month clocks start. I anticipate that to be June 25th. If by some miracle all F8s arrive early, I will ship early but allow me 2 days to complete the sort and ship. So, if June 25th is the shipping day, the 2 month group must have their completed blocks back to me, in my hands, on Monday, August 25. The 4 month group must have their completed blocks back to me, in my hands, on Saturday, October 25. Once again, if i receive all completed blocks early for a group, I will ship early, unless you are in both groups and have requested a combined shipping. (We'll talk about that later. you have time to decide how you want to handle it.)

That's the anticipated time-frame. I'll contact everyone on Monday by email, probably not until the afternoon, with your group info and I will want an email reply so I know you've gotten the info. At this point, please hold any questions about the logistics until you get your emails. The email will be LONG but I do expect everyone to have a working knowledge of it so please, really, read it!

Tomorrow is my big prep day so I'm off to get some much needed sleep. Thanks so much for participating in Boom 13!
Old 06-01-2014, 05:22 AM

Oh boy, I need to cut some more! I have 29 ready to go but looks like I will need 40 for both groups...
Old 06-01-2014, 06:57 AM

This is great! My fabric is washed and all I need to do is cut and package. I'm geting excited and have been collecting patterns of past blocks I have made for other swaps including the last boom that I was in.
Here is a hint for the blocks I use that has really come in handy. I print out the picture and instructions for the block I want to use. When I finish the block, I put the instructions with the picture of the block in a plastic see thru' sleeve and make a note on the pattern how easy or hard it was to make. This is then put into a binder that I use just for this purpose.
Seems to work good for me, thought I would pass it along. Have a good day all,
Phyllis
sunrise450
Old 06-01-2014, 10:28 AM

Default Going Vintage . . . .

. . . . this Boomerang.

To say this forum is the best on the Web, is a true understatement. The ABSOLUTE BEST EVER GOLD NUGGET I learned from the QB was the Comic Board. I found some & bought 300 & I haven't made the slightest dent in my stash. Why am I sharing this with you, you ask? Once you get fabric boarded and organized, it's literally like shopping in your own quilt shop.

3 of the fabrics I boarded are being used for this Boom. The 2 antique cream & 'blue' (if someone can tell me the color of that 'blue', I would really appreciate it) were given to me from my Mom, who had them for gobs of years before I got'em (and that was at least 10 years ago, seriously). The Third piece, only 2 of those in the pack, came from a yard sale of a woman who decided to join the Holy Order. This lady had been divorced 12 years after a 23 year marriage, 3 or 4 very grown kids, in turn, came a number of grands. I've got goo-gobs of really good pieces from that sale. I think about that lady when I use a piece of her fabric. . . .

Anyway . . . . my request is simple: DARK BLUE. Only use Dark Blue, please. To those who get the one of the 2 'flowers': use DARK BLUE please. I know the fabric has a 'blackground' with brown to it, but, the dark blue will read well with the other blocks. I'm using those two blocks as (1) the corner units and (2) as the Medallion. Of course, I have loads to make the remaining corner blocks and the medallion center pieces for the Veterans' quilts I will create.

Really looking forward to contributing to your Masterpieces. . . . GP

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0374.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	365.5 KB
ID:	477536   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0375.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	246.5 KB
ID:	477537   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0372.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	535.3 KB
ID:	477538  
Old 06-01-2014, 11:00 AM

Love all those fabrics groovey!.. Im not sure what the color is, probably has lots of names but I would call it a periwinkle. Fabrics are so hard to match if you don't have a sample in hand when you go to the fabric store....Ive thought I knew what color I needed only to get home and find it didn't completely match! Cant wait to get started!