Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along! >

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Old 06-04-2014, 05:05 AM

OK, that is so pretty. It really caps it all off in fine form. I need to locate those EQ7 lessons, too. Use it but not as much as I know it could help me. It has saved me sometimes.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:19 AM

Thank you so very much for posting the pages the instructions are on. I just had someone write to me asking for them and told her someone here might be able to help. It is wonderful that someone has kept track for all of us!

I am frantically working on the last of my three round robins I was sent. I got them all in one week and its surely put a halt to any projects I might have worked on. I will try to get a picture of the last two I had maybe Jan can post them if I cant. My camera is old and not working as well as I like it. grr.

I then will get to my quilt which is a simple round of four patch. I decided it needed some calming down and truthfully I didn't want to completely burn out before it is done. A round robin is nice because well.. you do one round and pass it on you wont always end up with what you would have liked but overall.. it works out rather well. Think I am finishing my 5th or 6th one at least. phew! then it will be off to trying a row robin. You do an entire row for someone based on their theme. It could be very interesting. I am always open to new ideas so why don't you post any you have for us to try! I am all ears and bet so many others are also. Its a good way to experiment safely. its your own quilt lol. if you have a good idea for a quilt that many of us can make at the same time why not share it? this way we quilt along, share ideas, colors fabrics etc and its a fun experience and a new learning experience for us all. I will gladly post it if you want to send it to me to approve or if your brave why not post it here and see what the waters hold for it? Post pictures! We LOVE PICTURES! (especially those of us with rotten cameras!)
Old 06-04-2014, 06:46 AM

OK, Beautiful! I like how the black corners radiate out.

I'm still working on square in a square and it's taking a long time. After that I'd like to do one more border that can be very scrappy and use up leftovers. I don't have a lot of any color. Anybody have any ideas for that.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:57 AM

http://doyoueq.com/blog/category/sew...q7-jump-start/ There is the link for the EQ7 Jump Start.. I've really enjoyed doing it.. You have to scroll to bottom of the page to get 1st lesson, etc. The LINK is pictures.. She has set it so that you can print out the pdf too...makes it really nice. Enjoy & and THANKS for all the compliments.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by whitepine View Post
OK, Beautiful! I like how the black corners radiate out.

I'm still working on square in a square and it's taking a long time. After that I'd like to do one more border that can be very scrappy and use up leftovers. I don't have a lot of any color. Anybody have any ideas for that.
I wonder how it would look to have a round of stars - each a different color.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:44 PM

Great quilt.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:28 AM

OK-your quilt is so pretty! The last border frames it perfectly. Nicely done.

Brat-3 round robins at once? Wow! I would be frantic, cuz we know how well I make design decisions! Ha!

Not a lot of stitching here....busy with graduations and weddings and garden planting. And sadly, our 19 yr old kitty went to kitty Heaven last week. She was my buddy, and I really miss her. Juleecat was ornery to the very end and she is not happy that I haven't stitched a single stitch since she left us, so maybe today....

This sew along was my first, and I have enjoyed it so much! I would love to do a modern-ish Dresden or hexie quilt-have never done either of those....?
Old 06-05-2014, 06:46 AM

Jillmc, My heart goes out to you because I know what a hole you have in your life right now. Nineteen years is a long time to have a furry pal around. We lost one of our furkids very suddenly not too long ago. It takes a while.

My idea for another sew along is actual quilting. I have several tops but not quilted. My theory is that they're easier to store that way. I wish I would bite the bullet and learn to quilt rather than make another top. But it's the tops where you get to buy new fabric, etc.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:16 PM

I need your thoughts...does this border have too much green? Or is it too busy? If you don't care for any...any suggestions??
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03535.JPG
Views:	486
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	478031  
Old 06-05-2014, 12:40 PM

Well I think it's pretty as is.. Would the gold instead of green be too loud? Seems there's not a lot of the gold. Just kind of visualizing what the gold wud look like..