Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Very reasonable prices >

Very reasonable prices

Very reasonable prices

Old 06-12-2014, 09:46 AM

for that price, my guess is they are getting their product wholesale (might be ok quality) and they are just learning to long arm. It is probably an introductory price and the quilting will be basic and the minimum needed. That is if they are legit. I agree with the others that you should send something not real special to test them out.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Roberta View Post
I'm going to mail the quilt top off to them tomorrow. It's only a 72x82 top that I'm not emotionally attached to and know I couldn't begin to do it well unless I had a long arm so what the heck, I can bite for the $74 and hope for the best.

I will post here when it's returned to me with reviews. The people seem really lovely to deal with thus far :-)
I'm very curious to see how well it turns out! I hope they do a good job!
Old 06-12-2014, 11:14 AM

I have a friend at church that quilts using pantograph and charges $38 for a queen size and furnishes the batting. Can't get her to take any more money. It's not a special price for just me either.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:05 PM

I am a longarmer and that is way too cheap...I charge by the square inch and I provide 100% cotton bat,thread and quilting. If you want the backing I have wide backing from from top fabric companies.
My rates start at 3 cents square inch for simple quilting and up depending on what you want. The backing is charge by the yd at quilt shop prices and you ,the customer gets the leftover fabric.
Binding is extra.
I pay for the shipping back to you.
The price that you were quoted seems way to cheap and what will the quilting look like..you pay for what you get . It sounds fishy to me.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:58 PM

This is a wonderful opportunity for those who just can't afford the higher costs of quilting. Pantos are fine for many of the quilts that are for the everyday quilts, Myself, I would love to have them near to use for the many quilts I give away, love to piece but don't enjoy the quilting and only do the free motion method..very hard on my diseased/injured back. There really are people out here that enjoy doing for others who cant afford the higher prices. I always say..something for everyone is wonderful ad I hope they will continue the ice price!!
Old 06-13-2014, 05:17 AM

My quilter charges 2 cents per square inch, which is reasonable, I think. I ask her to supply the batting sometimes and she is reasonable on that too. Hope this helps - and I believe you get what you pay for.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:25 AM

They are not overseas. They are in Kansas. The middle of God's Country where people are nice and honest, hard working people. Sorry if I sound like I am venting - but I have been to the shop, have not had any quilting done-but have purchased fabric, patterns and had them cut out 2 quilts for me. Their business is in a large building located on their property - so I think their overhead expenses may be less than someone located in a business area where their rent may be sky high and Happy Crafters keep their expenses down some that way. The quilts that I have seen on the long arm machine have looked nice. Not affiliated - just a customer. Thank you. Happy Friday the 13th everyone!!
Old 06-13-2014, 04:19 PM

wow!! Can't wait to see the completed quilt. I am one who can't afford to pay reg prices. I had one quilted from someone on ebat and she did a wonderful job.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:03 PM

My long armmer will do a quilt that size for a little over $70 which I think is a super great price. If your long armmer are providing the backing and batting along with the quilting, I would wonder what they are using. $70 for everything is way to cheap. Just make sure you check it out throughly before going forward.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by janiesews View Post
They are not overseas. They are in Kansas. The middle of God's Country where people are nice and honest, hard working people. Sorry if I sound like I am venting - but I have been to the shop, have not had any quilting done-but have purchased fabric, patterns and had them cut out 2 quilts for me. Their business is in a large building located on their property - so I think their overhead expenses may be less than someone located in a business area where their rent may be sky high and Happy Crafters keep their expenses down some that way. The quilts that I have seen on the long arm machine have looked nice. Not affiliated - just a customer. Thank you. Happy Friday the 13th everyone!!
I posted before reading this post. It sounds like it might be worth giving them a try. If they thought they weren't charging enough, I'm sure they would up their prices. Would love to see your quilt when it is completed.