Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along! >

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Old 06-15-2014, 03:00 PM

I am having a heck of a time finishing a round robin! it is very muted in batiks and something is killing me about it and I don't know why. I finish 3 or 4 8.5 inch blocks and think ugh and walk away. its a nice quilt don't get me wrong its just not hitting it with me. So soon as I get that done maybe another week I can whip up my own quilt here. then its off to the quilters with it! yahoo!

keep posting those pictures!
Old 06-19-2014, 09:55 AM

I hope this is not out of line but here goes....... I would like to thank all of you for providing such a fascinating, educational and inspiring experience for those of us who did not participate but followed closely the journey’s that you have taken. As a newbie in the quilting world, I had never heard of a medallion quilt so had no idea of what was to come. Earlier I had been fascinated by a round robin Jaba and Brat had participated in, so I knew this would be a fantastic learning experience for me. As each of you worked, or struggled, with a round I would empathize with your pain, but be completely captivated looking at the work in progress, imaging the how the suggestions would influence the quilt overall and admiring the solutions each of you found to make a round work. It had never occurred to me how changing the orientation of a block, adding a narrow liner, or changing a color would enhance the overall look of the quilt. The biggest revelations for me were the importance of the starting size, accuracy of the ¼ inch seam, and the math required to make a block.

I admire each of the quilts that were made, and have gained a whole new perspective and appreciation of how all the of these factors influence a project. A huge thank you to everyone who participated and for the astonishing learning experience you have provided.

Last edited by Cactus Stitchin; 06-19-2014 at 09:58 AM.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:10 AM

Cactus Stitchin; thank you for such warm words to all who participated in this medallion border project. I think all of us have learned much, and if others like yourself learned something that is a huge achievement on all parts. I'd would like to thank Jaba & Brat for all their hard work in providing us with the fun we have had the last few months. I enjoyed it so much that I am working on another & will post a picture on this thread when it is through.

THANK YOU
Old 06-19-2014, 11:01 AM

Thank you so much for the nice compliments, Cactus. It definitely was not out of line. It was trying at times for sure, but learned a lot. I got the backing today, just plain white, but it's just for me so it'll be fine, may insert some blocks in the back for interest.. lol Jaba & Brat were always glad to jump in and help, thanks to both of them..

Sew Hugs
Jean
Old 06-19-2014, 05:41 PM

CactusStitchin so glad you followed along and went on the journey with all of us. I'm sure sometime in the future you will use an idea that you saw us all doing. That is so worth the idea of the whole quilt a long. I had a great time doing this and have not had time yet to sandwich and quilt, still thinking of maybe 1 more border ....just not sure, that's my problem. Will hopefully get it done soon and post a "finished project". Thank you all for going on this journey with brat and I, we had fun too!!
Old 06-20-2014, 06:19 AM

Cactus Stitchin, So glad you posted and that you were following our journey. It is definitely a first for me, and I say 'is' because I'm still working. My thanks too, to Elizabrat and Jaba for starting this thread. It's takes so much work and is greatly appreciated. I have so much to learn in color selection!
Old 06-20-2014, 06:46 AM

Cactus, well said and I heartily ditto the remarks. I had thought another round but decided no, and I am packing it today to send to the quilter. I will post when finished. Thank you Jaba and Elisabrat. You have been wonderful, patient leaders.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:07 AM

Please please post your pics when your quilts are done. Would love to see the finished results of all these little beauties. Everyone is so busy in the summer with yards, gardens, etc. Maybe we'll do another one in the fall. If you have suggestions let us know...always open for those.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:55 AM

Here is my next medallion I'm working on, don't think I'm going to make it much bigger, just longer for a wall hanging. It should fit in my guest bathroom just fine.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	flower medallion 2nd round.jpg
Views:	518
Size:	213.6 KB
ID:	480125  
Old 06-23-2014, 04:59 AM

This is by far one of the best threads I have followed. I did lose track though. Can anyone list the instruction pages?
Or I will ! read all 157 pages ! Beautiful work and heartful sharing. Thanks Elisabrat & Jaba!