Mini Quilt Swap- sign ups close June 20th

Mini Quilt Swap- sign ups close June 20th

Old 06-24-2014, 12:39 PM
Power Poster

Oh such pretty flowers.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:20 PM

I agree...very pretty flowers.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:30 PM

oh Kiffie! I am going to hate it! cats! really CATS! oh goodie! oh man! yippee! yahoo!!! (stuff like that).

beach right now in summer? NO NO NO. fall its great though. CA can have a lot of fog in Nor Cal during the summer but Sept is amazingly clear and great along the beach. would go back in a heart beat but not now. nope.

Flowers but some reason birds are talking to me. then again cats.. who could go wrong with cats? but then again.. a bird with flowers? lol. how to make the most of a little design. interesting very interesting and no I am not ready to send. pulled fabric no cutting yet.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:48 AM

The beach in Michigan in summer is to die for!!! I visit AZ in winter, but NOT in summer if I can help it. 114 degrees?!?! NO THANK YOU!! But, it's a dry heat! He!!!!!!! NO! I don't like it too hot. It is crazy, but I have been to just about every state, but not Florida. Don't even care if I go there. No offense, really. I would love to go to Alaska and Maine, 2 states I have not visited yet. Oh, Hawaii is another. No desire. Of course, if someone handed me a ticket and said "lets go to FL or HI", I'd knock them over on the way to the car. No, not really, especially if they were holding the tickets. LOL Hey, I just had a thought. Tenn is NOT that far, I think it can be done in less than 12 hours? Come on up!!
Old 06-25-2014, 06:21 AM
Power Poster

Hey that sounds great buslady. lol.. I had relatives that were from Michigan. They were dad's cousins, and most not here now, but I am sure they have kids there. I grew up in Chicago until I was 16, so have been to lake Michigan. That was not too far away from you. Now I am in my mountains. lol
Old 06-25-2014, 06:29 AM

I LOVE the mountains!! I live on Lake Huron, about an hour north of Detroit. We should swap vacations some time, me to the mountains and you to the sandy beach!! LOL The water has been relatively warm the last couple of years, if you can believe it they have been swimming in it for a couple of weeks. I go to my knees, but will venture all out on the 4th. My DGS 15th birthday party is on the beach. He was born on the fourth of July! I have rented some Kayaks for him and his friends, I sure hope they follow the rules so I don't have to take them back! LOL We can stand on the beach and watch several fireworks displays, it really is pretty awesome.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:07 AM

What???!!! 114 is just balmy weather here in the lovely land of Arizona! Ok, ok, but it's a DRY heat! That's our favorite joke here in the summer. It's hibernation time until October!
Old 06-25-2014, 09:57 AM

If I had a choice, I wouldn't be here in Florida right now. It is 91 with a heat index of 98. I'm hoping that in a year I will be able to move to Ohio to be close to all my family.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:55 PM
Power Poster

Your grandson being born on 4th July always has his day celebrated big time. lol.. Sounds nice what you have planned for him and his friends.

Karen it sounds like you are excited to get up there to be close to family, and maybe shorter periods of hot hot weather.

MizMelly that is just plain too hot! lol.. Dry heat or not. lol..
Old 06-25-2014, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by klaws View Post
I live where I can walk on the beach but I don't do it in the summer. Too dang hot for me!
I second that emotion! 74 when we woke up this morning with 90% humidity.