Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 13 "JADE" 2 month group >

Boom 13 "JADE" 2 month group

Boom 13 "JADE" 2 month group

Old 06-27-2014, 09:02 AM

Default Block for Mosher92

Buzzing In post my latest blocks....
Hope everyone is having as much fun with these fabrics in this Boom as I am. ArizonaKat....love....love .....that turtle! All the blocks are different and interesting. Love seeing what everyone is doing with these great fabrics!

This block is for Mosher92. I had a good selection of fabric to coordinate with this one. I chose the Box Kite Pattern from QB. Larger blocks to showcase the large floral design of the fabric. I can see a beautiful quilt from these blocks! A WOW---quilt!

I really enjoyed making this one!
Bee
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Boomerang 13 Jade Block for Mosher92.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	480594  
Old 06-27-2014, 10:13 AM

Default Block for Terriamn

This block is for Terriamn. Fall colors are my favorite...so needless to say this fabric walked right into my senses and turned on my creative juices! So I went looking for an appropriate pattern. I love what fellow swappers have done with this fabric so far. I turned to Quilters Cache, clicked 12 inch patterns and just a few patterns down from the top of the list there it was...."After Summer".....seemed the right name for sure.

After reading over the pattern instructions, I decided to give it a go! Whooaaaa! This would make a beautiful quilt for sure....however, I would rather run a marathon in the middle of winter than to make 12 of these blocks on deadline. And the amazing thing is that by some miraculous, random act of fate.....the finished size is 12 1/4 x 12 3/4 inches -- especially when I realized how to find the templates called for in the pattern when I was sewing on the last row of points.

But all in all.....I love it! And I am pleased as punch to have made it for a fellow swapper. Hope you like it too, Terri.

Buzzy is Fuzzy!

Name:	Boomerang 13 Block for Terriamn.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	193.0 KB
ID:	480597  
Old 06-27-2014, 10:56 AM

OH Bee, all those tiny blocks and I thought my flower block was tedious. Your bock is beautiful.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:34 AM

Bee, your block is beautiful! I'm afraid I just don't have the patience. I'm working on a star block and tearing my hair out. I cut the middle square just a bit small. I think I can just repace the middle square but I would have to use different fabric. I'm just going to have a cup of coffee and then go at it again. OH! Wooo is me. LOL
Old 06-27-2014, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by sunrise450 View Post
Bee, your block is beautiful! I'm afraid I just don't have the patience. I'm working on a star block and tearing my hair out. I cut the middle square just a bit small. I think I can just repace the middle square but I would have to use different fabric. I'm just going to have a cup of coffee and then go at it again. OH! Wooo is me. LOL

I so know the feeling.....just when you think you're on a roll and then....drats! I call them "brain bloopers" . ....wanting to rewind to the moment when you were about to cut the middle square too small and take that step out and do a re-take! We Quilters learn to be patient with ourselves......yes, retreat to a cup of coffee or hot chocolate works wonders. It always comes together eventually. Looking forward to the photo!

Bee
Old 06-27-2014, 01:31 PM

I've got to say it, these blocks are beauties! Thank you for putting such efforts into them, whether it be the choice of coordinating fabrics, block choice, great piecing, or any of the many other things that go into them. I'm certain you will all have a lovely selection of blocks by the end of this swap. Wow!
Old 06-27-2014, 01:52 PM

Kosher and bee Betty love the blocks, Bee that would be way to many triangles for me and I love making triangles. Kat your turtle block is adorable. I am on vacation today and my sister is here helping me destash, clean and organize my storage room as well as sewing room. Sounds wonderful but you would not believe the mess. Think I even managed to frustrate her. She said I was a fabric and quilt notion junkie, then said she changed her mind and said I was a horder. Trick is trying to find a home for everything to keep it neat. Got up at 5:30 and snuck down to the sewing room and made one block before she got up Then it was back to the forced march. Terri
Old 06-27-2014, 01:56 PM

Sorry spell check changed Mosher to Kosher and I didn't catch it. Terri
Old 06-27-2014, 03:32 PM

Bee I love your blocks. I agree that's alot of work with some many triangles. Good job!
Kat what a cute turtle.
I've been taking care of my 3 grandkids this week. I have a new grandson named Kyle! He's so adorable.
I have 2 blocks done, just no time to post pictures yet.
Old 06-27-2014, 03:49 PM

So many beautiful blocks they are all terrific. .
Bea I almost made the same block for Terriamn because the fabrics and colors are perfect for it but got slightly intimidated by all the tiny Hst's so I made table for 4 with a slight modification. Because after 3 tries I still could not get those tiny hst cornerstones right

quilt addict I made a pieced butterfly in oranges and I outlined in it black like a coloring book because I couldn't see the butterfly.

NC quilter the fabrics I found for yours is so busy I thought a simple 9 patch would be best.

I'm hoping to be able to do more this weekend sorry they are so small it seems to be the only way I can get the file small enough to post them .

Also Kat the turtle is cute as a button......a turtle button :-)

Name:	2014-06-27 16.26.28.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	480643   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-27 16.23.42.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	480644   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-27 16.19.38.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	70.1 KB