Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Why hate the brown?? >

Why hate the brown??

Why hate the brown??

Old 06-28-2014, 12:33 PM

Well, Jean, I never saw a quilt you made I didn't like, but these are wonderful. I am with you on the pink. It is my least favorite color, but it all depends on what is done with it. I am loving seeing your posts and all the praise you get. GO GIRL!! Sure glad you came to play with us and I look forward to seeing what you do next. Hope people realize what bargains you have listed on Etsy. Sounds cheap to me, and I would be buying if I didn't have a houseful of quilts, and making more (with a little help from one of my favorite sister-in-laws.
Old 06-28-2014, 12:37 PM

No problem with brown quilts here......and yours are just so pretty !!!!!
Old 06-28-2014, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by jo bauer View Post
Remember years ago when YELLOW was a no-no color and all the warnings about choosing a shade of yellow?
I first thought of yellow when I read the title. I like it and have always have had some main room painted yellow. Not screaming sunshine yellow, but now pale either. I'd never wear it - not a great color for blondes. But I have a quilter friend who has an immediate visceral reaction to it - on walls, clothes and fabric. To each her own.

As for the color brown, I guess it depends on what it's paired with. I read once, years ago in some fashion magazine, that no one looks good in brown. Except maybe a redhead. I think another reason is that since you don't see it much in fashion, it doesn't carry over to other places. Even for men - I work with some beautifully dressed men who spend a fortune on their suits. I can't remember the last time I saw a brown one.
Old 06-28-2014, 01:11 PM

Reading all the posts, I think I should make a quilt in pink, yellow, aqua and brown... just to prove it could work! Oh yeah.. green was mentioned as well. Any other colors I need to add? ROFL!
Old 06-28-2014, 03:06 PM
Power Poster

Yours are lovely. Used with the nice shades from brown to gold is very nice, calm and cozy.
peace
Old 06-28-2014, 03:16 PM
Power Poster

All the quilts shown are lovely. It's a good thing that we all like different colors. Just think about what we would be missing if we all liked the same color. BrendaK
Old 06-28-2014, 03:25 PM
Power Poster

They are both gorgeous! Your collection of browns/rusts is fabulous in these quilts!
Old 06-28-2014, 03:43 PM

I like the color combinations. Can't decide which quilt I like the best. They are both beautiful.
Old 06-28-2014, 03:48 PM

I never liked orange, then something happened to me I guess. Now it's one of my favorites. I'm not into brown myself, but there are some beautiful quilts on here using brown. Yours are very pretty.
Old 06-29-2014, 03:11 AM

Your quilts are gorgeous! I am not a fan of brown. Don't know what to do with it, can't figure out what colors it goes with best. Got tired of brown in the '70's when everything, it seemed, was brown and gold and avocado...However, I am a purple person. I know lots of people don't like purple....so it takes all of us to use all of the colors!