Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Mission Accomplished! >

Mission Accomplished!

Mission Accomplished!

Old 07-12-2014, 03:52 AM

That's an impressive accomplishment!
Old 07-12-2014, 04:53 AM

People who pile up tops and never quilt them make my brothers and myself happy. They do the garage sales. Last fall they bought a large plastict tub said "quilts" for $7.00. I ended up with it after may sister in law had taken out two completed quilts. Out of the rest I made one large queen of 2" blocks pieced together to 18" squares. All scraps.
Two Overall Sam tops completed and beautifully done. These were for full beds, I took one row off each one and my twins for my brothers grandchildren and a small quilt for my ggrandson. There was a completed star without corners, I am working on it not for a friend to give her grandson as a wedding present. Still have one more I am not sure what to do with it.
Just received another 3 bins from a friend who is going blind. Another years worth of work.
Sorry no pictures
Old 07-12-2014, 05:23 AM

Impressive!!!!
Old 07-12-2014, 06:00 AM

I have a plastic tote of unquilted tops, about 18 at last count. I have been dipping into that reserve to finish quilts for some friends and for my sister (she raffles them off to raise money for various projects). Eventually, the tote will be empty and then I will either fill it again with tops to be quilted or use it for stash (I have 9 of them full already!) Every couple of years my husband will buy me a roll of Warm and Natural, then I can pin baste about 10 quilts, quilt them bind them and add them to my humongous wooden chest of finished projects. I think I might be a fabric/quilt hoarder!
Old 07-12-2014, 06:02 AM

I envy you, because, you are so much more disciplined that I am..........................
Old 07-12-2014, 06:12 AM

Bravo for your persistence. That is one labor intensive job. Anxious to see more of your finished quilts. They are beautiful with gorgeous color combinations! Sandwiching is the only part I don't like, and I do it the easy way.............ping pong table, with temporary adhesive, rolling it on boards.................but just don't like the process. I have many UFO's, but most have been interrupted by a "special needs" quilt as a gift. The UFO's are always started for me, and I somehow never have time to get back to them. Once the blocks are done, I can't wait to see the finished product, so I pretty much stick with it to the end. I try and quilt all but the really large ones on my DSM, but will have my long armer do the very special ones, or the very large ones. I am seriously thinking of purchasing a Baby Lock Tiara so that I can do all of them. Unless it is going in a show (probably never LOL), I machine bind all my quilts (back first and then top stitch from the front) as I have gotten pretty good at that step. I love doing embroidery and smocking by hand, but not the binding.........go figure.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:42 AM

I don't really enjoy the quilting part either. Your quilts are beautiful.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:44 AM
Power Poster

Great looking quilts!
Originally Posted by Jo C View Post
Here are a few...i forgot to mention that they all still need binding!
Old 07-12-2014, 08:58 AM

what a great job done! I always hesitate about the quilting part also, but find if I make myself finish the entire quilt as soon as I can I feel better about it. don't like to have a pile waiting to be quilted.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:09 AM

You are doing great.