Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2014 Birthday Swap 2.5  sign up now  !!!! >

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

Old 07-20-2014, 09:45 AM

Hello we have a winner....Anoka Quilter won the contest in honor of her birthday!!!!

Yeah Anoka Quilter. I have many prizes to send out so I will get working on those this week
Old 07-20-2014, 09:51 AM

Well I am sad to say that I have not heard a word from pjjandme.....I do feel let down and that I try very hard to encourage everyone to get their packages out in a timely manner.

I do hope that Pjjandme is okay. I can't imagine anyone completely ignoring their email or PM here on the board. So like I said before I will be giving her negative feedback. I encourage you if you HAVE NOT received a package from her and your birthday has past to also put negative feedback for her. If you have received a package consider yourself very lucky. Some of you choose not to send her anything back in June for her birthday then consider yourself even. I have not missed a package from her but as the person in charge of this thread i feel I need to post something.

Barbara
Old 07-20-2014, 12:09 PM
Power Poster

We all understand your having to do this Barb... You gave her plenty of time to make things right.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:22 PM

I am sure this is a hard decision for you Barb; however, a commitment is a commitment. It is one thing to be late because as we all know like does happen, but to totally ignore PM's from the person overseeing the swap is another.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:24 PM

Yeahhhh. I like your contests. They are a lot of fun.

Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 View Post
Hello we have a winner....Anoka Quilter won the contest in honor of her birthday!!!!

Yeah Anoka Quilter. I have many prizes to send out so I will get working on those this week
Old 07-20-2014, 09:38 PM

Thanks Sewbizgirl...I appreciate you saying that.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
We all understand your having to do this Barb... You gave her plenty of time to make things right.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:40 PM

thanks Anoka Quilter...it was a hard thing to do. This is suppose to be fun...not a hardship for anyone. Just wished she would contact me and make it right.

Originally Posted by Anoka Quilter View Post
I am sure this is a hard decision for you Barb; however, a commitment is a commitment. It is one thing to be late because as we all know like does happen, but to totally ignore PM's from the person overseeing the swap is another.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:52 PM

Okay Ladies....August Birthdays are out!...so you should have a PM from me.

Also I am going to start Tuesday Tips. I picked Tuesday only because it sounds better then Mondays tips.

so every Tuesday feel free to post a tip...doesn't have to be something you made up yourself...might be something your wise ole Mom told you. Whatever, I thought it would be a fun way to keep the thread alive. Also a good way to see who is on the board. It can have something to do with quilting or sewing but it doesn't have to. Mine probably will be about anything but quilting ...I 'm leaving that up to the pro's (you ladies).

So here is an example of a Tuesday Tip:

My tip today is something I thought up when I was getting the kids I nanny ready to go camping with us. Elijah (9year old) just bought a camera with his own money and was so proud to bring it camping with us. I was afraid it would get lost. So we went to the pet shop and made "Dog Tags" for all of our camera. The front is engraved with his first name on it and the back has his dad's cell phone number on it. The tags come with a ring to use to clip it on the strap. My friend who worked at Disney said that the "Lost and Found" is filled with cameras but since their is no name on them they just sit there never to be claimed. how sad.

Okay...easy peasy.

Hope to see lots of good tips on TUESDAY!

PS...feel free to post a picture of your tip if you want to.

~B

Last edited by barbarakibler23; 07-20-2014 at 09:55 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:25 AM

Barb, I'm am so guilty of always being late. Just stupid procrastination I guess. I like your Tuesday tips idea. For me as long as the weather is nice outside, that's where I'ld rather be. So I'm guilty of enjoying life I guess. But no fear, Aug is already to be mailed. hehe.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:38 AM

Hi Barb, Funny you mention that. When I was younger, I lost a camera at Disney.