Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Row by Row Experience - Won a prize! >

Row by Row Experience - Won a prize!

Row by Row Experience - Won a prize!

Old 08-11-2014, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by sherryl1 View Post
ok what is a row by row?
The Row by Row Experience is a nationwide quilt project started in upstate New York four years ago. This year, thousands of shops are offering a pattern and/or a kit to make the row. The pattern is free and the kits are available for purchase. You visit participating stores, collect at least eight patterns, sew, quilt, and label it. The first person who completes their quilt and presents it to a participating shop wins a prize! Here is mine - all my rows are from shops in Pennsylvania. The theme this year is seasons. Yes, I won a prize, and no, it's not on the PA Row by Row site yet.

Your rows can be from any state and you can turn it into any shop that is participating. If you use that shop's row in your quilt, they have an extra prize for you.
Old 08-11-2014, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
That is beautiful. Did you buy the license plates too. I have collected several. I only purchased one kit. It is a beautiful storm at sea. Something I have been wanting to try for a long time. The colors were just what I was looking for. It will make a beautiful table runner, when I actually pull it out and make it.
I did not buy any licence plates. Lots of places displayed them and they are ALL so clever!!! On our trip through Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware, I actually bought 2 kits. Have fun with your patterns!!! When you make your Storm at Sea, would you please mention it was a 2014 Row by Row kit?
Old 08-11-2014, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
That is beautiful. Did you buy the license plates too. I have collected several. I only purchased one kit. It is a beautiful storm at sea. Something I have been wanting to try for a long time. The colors were just what I was looking for. It will make a beautiful table runner, when I actually pull it out and make it.
I did not buy any licence plates. Lots of places displayed them and they are ALL so clever!!! On our trip through Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware, I actually bought 2 kits. Have fun with your patterns!!! When you make your Storm at Sea, would you please mention it was a 2014 Row by Row kit?
Old 08-11-2014, 05:40 AM

Love your Row by Row and congratulations on winning the fat quarters.
Old 08-11-2014, 05:43 AM

Wow, that's great! I'm assuming the churn dash blocks (I think?) on the right are the eighth row and you added extras? I've got six patterns so far, two from Kansas, one from New Hampshire, three from my home state. Hope to get one or two from Massachusetts to make the eight, but wasn't sure what folks are doing with the different pieces. It sure is a fun exercise!
Old 08-11-2014, 05:53 AM

Love it!! What a great job!!
Old 08-11-2014, 06:00 AM

WOW!!! Your quilt is wonderful..............love the snowflakes. Were they hard to applique????
Old 08-11-2014, 06:15 AM

Refreshing!! First thing popped in my mind. Love it being row by row!
Old 08-11-2014, 06:23 AM

You did a wonderful job with the arrangements of your patterns. Definitely a winner!
Old 08-11-2014, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by LynnVT View Post
Wow, that's great! I'm assuming the churn dash blocks (I think?) on the right are the eighth row and you added extras? I've got six patterns so far, two from Kansas, one from New Hampshire, three from my home state. Hope to get one or two from Massachusetts to make the eight, but wasn't sure what folks are doing with the different pieces. It sure is a fun exercise!
You've been traveling! Isn't it fun?

Thanks! Those blocks are the shoo-fly block from The Quilt Shop at Millers's near Lancaster, PA. Good eye! I made double to complete one side and with two left over, I put them in the center of the other!

This project has given a boost to lots of quilt shops all over. I ask them and they say the Row by Row is incredibly successful!