Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Triplet baby girls' quilts? Any ideas? >

Triplet baby girls' quilts? Any ideas?

Triplet baby girls' quilts? Any ideas?

Old 08-15-2014, 03:52 PM

Congratulations on the babies. What a blessing to have everyone doing well. I'm so glad you posted an update as I was wondering how things were going!
Old 08-16-2014, 07:54 AM
Power Poster

Thank you for your well wishes. Monday it will be a week since they were born. All are off of intabtion right now but one still needs some help breathing. They are learning to eat right now so they can be taken off the tubes.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:30 PM

Default triplets

Wow! I just posted a request for twin boy quilts. So glad I found this thread. Lots of good ideas just need to change the colors abit.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:43 PM

I know of triplets who were identical, so their Mommy matched their colors to their personalities. The happy smiling one always wore sunny yellow, one wore blue, and one wore pink. That is the way they told them apart. I forget what the personality trait was for the blue and yellow ones were. Even their teachers told them apart that way--everyone did. You could consider three different colors and wait to see what their personalities turn out to be--it won't take long.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:50 PM

Oh, you are so fortunate!!! I think twins or triplets would be absolutely wonderful. I know a family who have identical twin daughters. Their Mommy matched colors to their personalities. For example one was so happy all the time and so she was given sunny yellow. I can't remember the other two, however, everyone told them apart by their colors--even their teachers. You could make three different colors and it won't be long after they arrive that the personality traits begin to show and then you could assign the colors. I always thought that was a fabulous idea. Those girls are probably out of collage by now. Just a suggestion.
Old 08-16-2014, 04:03 PM

I made the quiltmaker.com pattern. Just be sure you do not use 1 way fabrics. They turn out nice.
Old 08-17-2014, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Awhile back someone posted this pattern I thought it was so cute and cleaver I made it I love how differnt all three quilts are yet all the same it was fun to do too. If its not big enough you could add a second row of borders mixing up the fabrics even more so.

http://www.quiltmaker.com/patterns_d...er/patt230.pdf

I agree, with triplets what a great way to make them all have the same but different.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:49 AM

Congratulations Anna. Enjoy your little girls. What a blessing that they are all doing well.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
One of my DDs is having triplet girls this summer. I want to make an unique quilt for each baby and at the same time tie it together to show they are triplets. I am leaning towards using different colors but besides the obvious purple and pink what other color would I use. Maybe I should use the same or similar colors but the same pattern?
My daughter had her triplet girls 14 yrs ago come Sept. I did not make baby quilts as I was too busy making every thing else X 3 but a few years later I made their quilts based on the colours of their favorite disney princess. That worked great and I did a D9P as that was about all I could do at the time. They love them and if their colour likes change, they just trade.......so one was in shades of gold, one in pink and one in greens.....Patty
Old 08-19-2014, 11:50 AM

How about make all three quilts the same and either use different colors for the binding or different backing as a way to tell them apart?