Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 13 "JADE" 2 month group >

Boom 13 "JADE" 2 month group

Boom 13 "JADE" 2 month group

Old 08-29-2014, 01:32 PM

Jaba, delivered!!!!
Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Just checked, looks like it is still in transit...
Old 08-29-2014, 02:14 PM

Got minen today! Havent opened them yet but will VERY soon...thank everyone for swapping..Its ALWAYS fun!
Old 08-29-2014, 05:34 PM

Received them today, thank you for the blocks everyone. Need to make a few more for the size quilt I wanted but they will get done.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:03 PM

DH thinks these are the best blocks of all the swaps I've been in. Well done ladies and thanks again.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:13 PM

My squishys came today! I'm going to say ditto to Billi's quote! Everyone thank you so much!

Thank you all I am blown away by it all......
when I decide to swap my goal was to get out of my comfort zone a new block, new colors new idea's new something. Everyone of you were successful in providing me with that. Colors I would not have used, fabrics I would have shied away from or a block I would not have made....choices I would have been afraid of. I am absolutly thrilled with every single one of them, once I get the clover blocks I will do my best to turn them into a beautiful quilt.

Jane thank you for bein a great hostess[/QUOTE]
Old 08-30-2014, 05:04 AM

I received my blocks yesterday, I am so excited, they are all so beautiful! Thank you to everyone. I told my DH that this quilt will have to be sent out to be quilted. I don't believe I could do it justice. I have just started on the Clover swap. I hope I can do as well as you all here.
Jane thank you for being there and being so helpful. You are a great hostess.
Phyllis
Old 08-30-2014, 06:17 AM

I love all the blocks y'all made! Thank you so much for swapping. I loved working with all of the different fabrics. I can't wait until the next swap begins. I'm going to make a few more blocks to have the size quilt I want and it's going to be a perfect gift for a child.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:55 AM

Just want to say "I GOT MY BLOCKS!!!!" THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!!!!
I can't open them yet because I don't have a safe place to do so just yet but I have seen them posted and for now that will have to do. Frustrating but some times it works out that way.

I'm in the process of making a mini block quilt and have over 2000 (yep that two with 3 zeros) tiny pieces cut and laid out so I can get start on this adventure. I have never made a mini before so this will be an interesting experience for sure. They say to do one block at a time but when I figured up the amount of wasted fabric doing it that way, I decided to cut all the pieces first and then start the sewing. All I can say is wish me luck!!!!

Anyway, after I get this done or at least partly done I can safely look at the incoming blocks without screwing things up.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:39 AM

Default Very important - please read

Good morning, Swappers. I've gotten some disappointing feedback on the blocks some members have received in the JADE group. An average of 25 percent of the blocks the reporting members have received were the wrong size, some by as much as one half inch short in both directions. As everyone is aware, block size is required to be 12 1/2 inches square, nothing more, nothing less. I know we are all of varying skill levels, but correct block size is a non-negotiable! Perfect points, a little wonkiness within a block, those kinds of things, totally acceptable. Blocks that are so small that they must be reworked, or worse yet, cannot be used at all, are totally unacceptable. Also, color requests have been ignored by many. I know that color may be more subjective but when, for example, someone requests "brights only", please don't use blacks or pastels!

For those of you who followed the rules, measured and made your blocks the proper size, you have my gratitude and that of your fellow swappers. Thank you so very much for your attention to detail!

I'm going to email everyone later today. Please email me your comments. I want to solve this problem for the future, not hurt anyone's feelings. Thanks for reading this!

Last edited by Janice McC; 08-31-2014 at 05:42 AM.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:58 PM

Good evening, ladies. I've gotten lots of productive feedback. Thank you to those who have taken the time to respond. I hope others will also when time permits. Thanks again!