SEPTEMBER Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - signup closes August 31 >

SEPTEMBER Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - signup closes August 31

SEPTEMBER Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - signup closes August 31

Old 09-03-2014, 04:49 AM
Banned

Pat - love the bookmarks
Karen Good luck on the job.

Mary - In Oct 1991 I started to study to get my GED. That Dec. I took
my tests and a few weeks later received my GED certificate in the mail.
The following Spring the Community College hosted the first ever Cap,
and Gown ceremony.
One of the ladies standing next to me was an 80 year old! For 2 years
she had been going to A.B.L. classes (Adult Beginning Learning) she told
her family that she was going to the movies, to church, to bingo... which
ever day of the week it was. Her family had NO clue what she was really
doing, they just thought it was good that she was being "active".
The Christmas before the ceremony she had mad photo copies of her of
GED, had them framed and gave them to each family. She only had a 4th
grade education when she was a child.

Moral of the story, You're NEVER to old to go back to school.

Way to go!
Old 09-03-2014, 07:45 AM
Power Poster

way to go to you too! congrats
Old 09-03-2014, 07:49 AM
Power Poster

Maary so proud of you.
karen,good lucktoyou. tell us about it when you get home.
I too had a chenille bedspread. wish I had it now. makes great stuffed an
Old 09-03-2014, 08:13 AM

Mary and Louise, I loved reading your stories! Where but in America!

I have just finished another pin cushion...can't decide which to send...maybe both? Now I move on to the needlecase...
Old 09-03-2014, 08:40 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for all the support,I will need it. I forgot my grandsons picture last night when I posted. Here they are. Isn't he handsome? Not that I am Biased. lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02769.JPG
Views:	252
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	490181   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02624.JPG
Views:	250
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	490182  
Old 09-03-2014, 10:10 AM
Power Poster

He is handsome and he looks tall too. Congrats to him too.

I was gifted one of those bookmarks from Mary in a swap awhile ago. it has kitties on it.
What else were you expecting for me to have. of course Kitties. thanks again Mary.

My partner will get hers on Friday, Lets hope!
Old 09-03-2014, 10:50 AM

Mary Hang in there and get those tests finished, what a handsome grand son. I just love mine to death. He has threatened to drop out but I won't have it. So far he is enjoying the start of this year, he is a Junior and 6'3" I call him the jolly green giant. He likes to wear green T shirts. Lots to get done so more chat later.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:27 AM

Karen I hope this job is better for you. Mary you must be so proud of your handsome grandson and yourself too. I had a chenille bedspread too. I hope I only have 2 more days of high 80's and then comes the cool down.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:38 AM
Power Poster

For those who wanted to know what Zoey did on Labor Day:

Zoey ran from the living room to the bed room with great excitement. She was waiting for Patches to pull up on his little blue motorbike. Zoey felt Patches was silly at times, but she liked him anyway. She was wondering if he'd wear his black biker jacket on a warm day, He always wore that biker jacket when he rode on his motorbike. And to top that off. He wore an eye patch, but she soon found out, he didn't really need it. He would forget what eye he had worn it on, so he switched it back and forth, from the right to the left eye. Zoey found it charming. What a silly boy! she soon heard the putt, putt, putt of the motor onhis bike, and ran to the portal under the bed. pushed the button and zoom, she was outside waiting for Patches. He had promised her an exciting afternoon, and she was ready. Patches told her to wear her best tankini, and she put on her best hot pink one. Patches helped ZOey onto the back of the bike, gave her a pink helmet with a rhinestone fancy Z on the back and took off. They were heading to the lake, and zoey had a hard time sitting still on the ride there. She wrapped her paws around Patches waist and settled her head on his shoulder. It wasn't a far ride, about 5 miles, but Zoey was very impatient to get there.
Patches pulled into the lot for the lake and parked the motorbike.. It was the last official weekend of the summer, so it was really crowded. Patches, being ever so gentlemanly, helped Zoey down and took her helmet off her head. He grabbed the small basket he stored on the back of the bike and zOey grabbed the blanket and both ran to the sand. Patches helped Zoey spread the blanket out and they put down the picnic basket. Zoey saw the kittens playing by the shore line with their moms close by in a semi circle watching them ever so closely. The girl kits were all laying on their blankets sunning themselves. The boy kits were in the tall grass, all acting like toms, pushing each other and swatting at the minnows hiding in the tall grass. some were kicking a catnip ball around. boys! She saw Patches run down the wooden dock by the man who was assigning the jet skis. Zoey jumped up and down with excitement. She had never been on a jet ski, and Patches was always ready for some wild fun. Patches took off really fast and mad a spray of water like a rooster tail. He pulled up to the edge of the dock as Zoey ran to meet him. SHe jumped onto the jet ski, Patches settled her on and they took off. racing back and forth across the lake, zig-zagging over the clear warm blue water. The water splashed in their faces, and Zoey waved to the kits on the shore. When Zoey thought nothing in the world could get better than holding on to Patches and jumping the little waves from the other jet skis, she noticed a man on a dock out in the lake. She saw they were heading toward him and he had rafts. Kits were rafting on the back of the jet skis. She thought that this was the wildest adventure she was ever on.
They pulled up to the doc, and Patches spoke with the man who helped him tie up the raft to the back of the jet ski.
Zoey jumped on to the raft and held on tight. All the jet skis on the lake were making little waves and Patches took off and towed Zoey on the raft behind him. He was going fast now, and hitting all the waves, bouncing up and down as the drove around the lake. Zoey squealed in delight. "More Patches, More" Zoey screamed. After awhile Zoey was dripping wet and Patches was getting hungry, so they put the jet ski by the dock. They both ran to the blanket they had spread out earlier. Zoey started to dry herself off, but decided to lay out like the girl kits were doing. Patches handed a her a bottle of water, which Zoey gulped down. Having fun can get you thirsty, Zoey thought. Patches handed her some crispy bacon, Zoeys favorite. After the bacon, Zoey knew Patches always had a surprise for her. He didn't disappoint, he had some fresh caught mice, just for her. After their lunch, they sunned themselves and fell asleep like all the other kits now sunning themselves on the sand.When they woke up, they could see the sun starting to go low in the sky, and knew it was time to start heading home again. What a great day they had shared together, an exciting motorbike ride, to a jetski and then tubing. Patches helped Zoey off the bike in front of her house, took her helmet off for her, and fluffed her fur. She waved goodbye to Patches and thanked him for a fun and exciting afternoon, as she stepped onto the portal that would wisk her back into her home.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:27 PM

I knew Zoey had more fun than I did. Thanks for the story. I hope you are keeping them to make a book.

This is what my friend is getting on her birthday. I didn't like the ones I made yesterday as the bottom was too pointy. These look better
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bookmarks 001.JPG
Views:	219
Size:	544.6 KB
ID:	490204   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bookmarks 004.JPG
Views:	223
Size:	635.9 KB
ID:	490205