Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Fabric Stores? >
  • Fabric Stores?

• Fabric Stores?

Old 09-03-2014, 06:19 AM

Default Fabric Stores?

Will be in central FL, any fabric stores such as Mary Jo's in Gatonia ?
    Old 09-03-2014, 09:56 AM

I'm not familiar with Mary Jo's or Gatonia. Central Florida is a large area. There are plenty of fabric stores in Florida all the way from the chain stores like JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby to a nice selection of quilt shops. If you narrow the area of Central Florida down a bit I'm sure there are members of Quilting Board who would be happy to suggest some of their favorite shops. I can think of one right away in Mt. Dora that is an interesting shop but I don't know if you are going to be close enough to Mt. Dora to make the stop even though Mt. Dora would be considered by many to be in Central Florida.
    Old 09-03-2014, 11:19 AM

Central Florida has lots of great quilt stores. I haven't been to Mary Jo's but have heard about it. There is a little newspaper thing called "the County Register" in the quilt shops. If you pick one up in your first shop, you will find lots of places to go. My favorite shop is Rainbow's End in Dunedin, FL around Tampa and then there's That Fabric Place on the other side of Florida in Rockledge. With a friend we did 37 shops in 6 days, almost all in central Florida.
    Old 09-03-2014, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by toverly
    Central Florida has lots of great quilt stores. I haven't been to Mary Jo's but have heard about it. There is a little newspaper thing called "the County Register" in the quilt shops. If you pick one up in your first shop, you will find lots of places to go. My favorite shop is Rainbow's End in Dunedin, FL around Tampa and then there's That Fabric Place on the other side of Florida in Rockledge. With a friend we did 37 shops in 6 days, almost all in central Florida.
    Now that's what I call a road trip, toverly!!
    Old 09-04-2014, 12:15 AM

Try this web site www.floridaquiltnetwork.com or pick up the book "Quilters Travel Companion" also google Quilt shops?stores in Florida...That's how I found when we bought our "winter" home in Florida. Good luck..
    Old 09-04-2014, 03:46 AM

Toverly...I think the Rockledge store is The Quilt Place? Carry about 12000 bolts? Fun to visit. They also own a discount store nearby.
    Old 09-04-2014, 06:01 AM

Wow- I need a road trip!!
    Old 09-04-2014, 08:29 AM

I am taking notes also as we will be near Orlando in November and we shall do some day trips too. Great!
    Old 09-04-2014, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by toverly
    Rainbow's End in Dunedin is one of my favorite shops. There's also a nice cafe down the street to have lunch. That's a hike from what I consider Central Florida though. If anyone is in the Tampa or north of Tampa area it's worth the trip.