Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
brand of fabric >

brand of fabric

brand of fabric

Old 09-03-2014, 02:51 PM

I have really had good experiences ordering on line. I have ordered from www.equilter.com www.fabric.com www.fatquartershop.com www.jellyrollfabrics.net www.keepsakequilting.com and others. The fabrics come quickly and are quality fabrics.

I pray that your pelvis heals quickly.

Last edited by serenitybygrace; 09-03-2014 at 02:54 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:09 PM

I wonder what is an "off brand". I have ordered many that I wasn't familiar with from reputable sites and have always been happy with the quality of the fabric. I look for color and pattern for my project as much as if not more than brand. But I do stick with sites I have experience with.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:33 PM

I think if your going to wash a quilt alot then you need to use the best fabric you can afford. Buying a Hoffman or a Benartex or Moda etc insures that all the work you do will not be a quilt thrown away after a year because it did not hold up. I have done that because the fabric was cheaper.
If it is a wallhanging it doesn't really matter because it will go out of fashion before the fabric could ever wear out.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:59 AM

Glad to see this post! Got some ideas of new places to shop!
Old 09-04-2014, 06:18 AM
Power Poster

I don't drive so I do a lot of shopping on the internet. I usually tend to go to brands that I know are quality such as Hoffman and Timeless Treasures. I just order last Sunday with Fabric Shack and it was in the mail on Monday and received it on Wednesday. Shipping in a priority envelope is ONLY $3.00. LOVE THEM !!
Old 09-04-2014, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
I wonder what is an "off brand". I have ordered many that I wasn't familiar with from reputable sites and have always been happy with the quality of the fabric. I look for color and pattern for my project as much as if not more than brand. But I do stick with sites I have experience with.
Even though I am familiar with the most well-known brands, there are other manufacturers you don't hear about so often that are no lower in quality. Perhaps you could post the names of some fabrics you think might be "off brand."

Also, you can't go wrong with Hancock's of Paducah
Old 09-04-2014, 06:31 AM

Another place I have ordered from is MSQC and Craftsy. Both have very good customer service and prompt service. MSQC carries a lot of precuts, but you can also get cuts of fabric. I have used many of the sites already mentioned, and
have not been disappointed. I think most reputable companies will make things right if you are not satisfied. Sorry for
your broken pelvis.
Sue
Old 09-04-2014, 07:32 AM

I purchase a lot from Thousands of Bolts. They carry an extensive line of the Northcott Stonehenge fabrics. I have also found that you can get some very good deals on the Craftsy site. In addition to their on-line classes, they have fabrics, notions and patterns, most of which are downloadable. Plus, like the classes, the patterns go into your library and are available to you at any time after you've purchased them. Missouri Star Quilt Company has a lot of precuts, if you like using those. And if you sign up for their Deal of the Day, you will get a daily email with a one item special. I believe they have a flat $5 shipping rate and shipping is free if you purchase over $100. Plus, they have a bonus point program.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:45 AM

I have purchased from Craftsy & JellyRoll.com. No problems. Missouri Star Quilt Co. also has some great deals.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:29 PM

It seems like there are fabric companies being added all the time, and I wonder about them, too. I have had a lot of success lately with GRS Creations in TX. They show all the fabrics from a line together, which my LQS doesn't do.

Hugs,
Charlotte