Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
brand of fabric >

brand of fabric

brand of fabric

Old 09-05-2014, 07:46 AM

Marilyn, I also live in a small town in western Iowa so not really too far from you I suspect. I order online most times as we have only 1 fabric store in town and with the prices of fabric continually going up I look for deals online. Most all the online stores seem to have good quality fabrics, even their personal name brand. I tend to stick with those that have good customer service such as Keepsake, Connecting Threads, Hancock of Paducah, etc. You'll be given lots of companies here I'm sure though. So far I haven't received a bad fabric from anyone online.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:17 AM

Sorry to hear about your fractured pelvis! I hope it heals fast. Sioux City is a disappointment for me to go fabric shopping. There is one wonderful store, the Heart and Hands Dry Goods Co. and that is about it for a city of that size. I guess I shouldn't complain as I can spend enough by just going there. I am very fortunate to have 2 lovely quilting stores only 20 miles away and an awesome store 30 miles away in Southern Minnesota.

I do order on-line when I need something for a special project such as a certain color of felt to make a banner for church. If I do order a fabric for quilting, I stick to brands that I have found to have quality fabric. I used to be a Family and Consumer Science teacher and would teach my students to feel the fabric and hold it up to the light. The students got to be good quality fabric shoppers.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:11 AM

Go to JinnyBeyer.com. Her fabric is made by RJR. Her colors are fabulous. She also has a weekly e-newsletter that one can sign up for.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:46 AM

I am always searching for new and different fabrics, so have purchased many brands that are not mentioned much, but have been very happy with all of them. Some of the brand names are: Riverwood, Fresh Water Designs, Henry Glass Fabrics, Frond Design Studios, P&B Textiles, Quilting Treasures and Windham. I find that I need to branch out to keep from seeing the 'same old stuff' and find fabrics that inspire me.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:48 AM

Gatesville is in central Texas close to Ft. Hood. I love to order from Keepsake Quilting and Hancocks of Paducah. I have also ordered some very nice fabric from Connecting Threads.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
I am always searching for new and different fabrics, so have purchased many brands that are not mentioned much, but have been very happy with all of them. Some of the brand names are: Riverwood, Fresh Water Designs, Henry Glass Fabrics, Frond Design Studios, P&B Textiles, Quilting Treasures and Windham. I find that I need to branch out to keep from seeing the 'same old stuff' and find fabrics that inspire me.
Totally agree with the above brands. Besides the sides listed, I've had good luck with Fabric Fanatics (batiks--all great brands & their sale fabrics are a steal!); The Lil"Red Hen; Quilter's Paradise(she always has Wizard of Oz fabric), eQuilter (although their web page I fine a little confusing) and Quilt Fabric Closeouts(their's are high quality fabric that is not latest line--but recent stuff!)
Old 09-05-2014, 02:29 PM

I am curious to know about fabric manufacturers printing different qualities. Who knows for sure if this is true.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:53 PM

Hi Suz, it's so nice to hear from you. The little town I live in is Pender, Ne. We are about 75 mi from Carroll. My husband is a over the road trucker so I knew if I asked him he would know where Carroll is. I know it's commonly mentioned on the channel 9 news out of Sioux City. It's so much fun meeting members that are close by as well as members way across the land. I call myself a new quilter because I've only made 3 tops and none are finished. It is my goal now to get them done. I've been having fun going through the sites that you girls have given me. Hopefully we will be in some of the same swaps here and will meet up again. You have a blessed weekend. Marilyn43
Old 09-05-2014, 02:53 PM

I have purchased from Fat Quarter Shop, and have not been disappointed not affiliated in any way.......be comfortable
Old 09-05-2014, 03:20 PM

Hi hoprigmom, nice to hear from you. I have to agree with you about shopping for fabric in Sioux City. I haven't been to, Hands Dry Goods Co. I know what your saying about one good place is enough, I can do plenty of damage to billfold at one store. lol. I'm excited to do some on line shopping now that have several store to pick from. You certainly have the degree to know a good quality, that has to be a plus. It's taking so long for the pelvis to heal. I broke it twice. I'd rather have 6 babies than to go through that pain. You have a blessed weekend. Marilyn43