Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Mini Quilt Swap >

September Mini Quilt Swap

September Mini Quilt Swap

Old 09-05-2014, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by MizMelly View Post
Ohhh!! Now that sneak peek has me all jazzed to get started on mine this weekend too! Love fall because I consider it the start of the holiday season!! (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years....!!!). Now if only we had a miracle this year and it snows in the desert, that would be the highlight of the winter season!
I'd just settle for significant rain. They've got us all rationing beyond belief. I think the better option would be to build a couple of dams and reservoirs....instead of a useless "bullet train" but, what do I know???

I'm going to be working on my mini this weekend too. Many many ideas
Old 09-05-2014, 02:17 PM

Well, the weather forecast is full of dire warnings about heavy rains and flash flooding from Hurricane Norbert, but now they are starting to waffle about how much rain we'll get. Never fails, we get all excited about rain and then mother nature ignores us and it goes elsewhere. Sigh. I still have my fingers crossed!

Originally Posted by tlambing View Post
I'd just settle for significant rain. They've got us all rationing beyond belief. I think the better option would be to build a couple of dams and reservoirs....instead of a useless "bullet train" but, what do I know???

I'm going to be working on my mini this weekend too. Many many ideas
Old 09-06-2014, 02:08 AM

Love that sneaky peeky!
For all of Tlambing being so ornery to sweet lil ole me () I have to agree with her, I love Autumn!!

We'd been in a terrible drought last 3-4 yrs, with really bad wildfires 2 yrs ago, and another 3 months ago. Two yrs ago, several houses burned less than 3 miles from me. We were prepared to evacuate, thankfully we didn't have to. Very scary. It was heartwrenching to see the acres and acres of blackness. 30+ houses burned, and sadly a kennel...several pets died and 1 firefighter. Just awful.. Used to it was tornadoes we have to watch for, living smack dab in "Tornado Alley". The wildfires are just as unnerving.

This year we finally started getting some rain.. And it's been raining since 7 last night..I'm doing a happy rain dance.

Hopefully rain will reach those of you who need it, and the flooding/ hurricanes will stay at bay!

K

PS Tlambing, since you didn't acknowledge my mind change this month, does that count?
If I'd known how much fun it is bantering like this, I would've changed my mind sooner. Except one needs a mind to change it..lol

Last edited by kiffie2413; 09-06-2014 at 02:12 AM.
Old 09-06-2014, 03:43 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by letsquilt View Post
Junebillie, heres a little sneak peek for you, I have the top finished now for the rest
Oh my gosh letsquilt that is so so so pretty. It sure does remind me of the changing season. It is so pretty. That fabric I see is so nice. You can't tell I am excited can you?

I will soon put a teaser up for you, but it might be a couple of days.

We were gone awhile yesterday to see my dad. He has been in a nursing home for rehabilitation. He looked good, and had been playing bingo. lol..
Old 09-06-2014, 03:48 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
Love that sneaky peeky!
For all of Tlambing being so ornery to sweet lil ole me () I have to agree with her, I love Autumn!!

We'd been in a terrible drought last 3-4 yrs, with really bad wildfires 2 yrs ago, and another 3 months ago. Two yrs ago, several houses burned less than 3 miles from me. We were prepared to evacuate, thankfully we didn't have to. Very scary. It was heartwrenching to see the acres and acres of blackness. 30+ houses burned, and sadly a kennel...several pets died and 1 firefighter. Just awful.. Used to it was tornadoes we have to watch for, living smack dab in "Tornado Alley". The wildfires are just as unnerving.

This year we finally started getting some rain.. And it's been raining since 7 last night..I'm doing a happy rain dance.

Hopefully rain will reach those of you who need it, and the flooding/ hurricanes will stay at bay!

K

PS Tlambing, since you didn't acknowledge my mind change this month, does that count?
If I'd known how much fun it is bantering like this, I would've changed my mind sooner. Except one needs a mind to change it..lol
Kiffie I hate seeing all the fires destroying trees, animals, and anything in its path. Hope the ones who need rain get it too, but if others have floods hope they stay safe. The weather seems so unpredictable anymore.

susan
Old 09-06-2014, 06:40 AM

Well kiff, I ducked that one. What else ya got??? I grew up the youngest of 4 girls, I can handle this taunting
but truly, the answer is No, you cannot change you're mind after you already changed your mind which changed my mind and screwed everything all up. So there.
I hope you're enjoying your time and catching up on other things etc you can look at this as sort of a forced vaca.

We only had 1 day of temps over 100* in August. That is a change. It's been in the mid 90*s since. DH was listening to some weather expert who thinks this year is going to be a wet one. We live pretty darned close to the American river which frightens me when there is too much rain! I'm praying for lots of rain over the right amount of time, to make a ton of snow, to fill our reservoirs, make everything green again. With none of the bad stuff!

Off to the store to beat the crowds! Then it's a quilting day for me!
Old 09-06-2014, 08:22 AM

Here is a sneak peek of the fabric I am using and a portion of the mini quilt for KrisB.[ATTACH=CONFIG]490501[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]490502[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-819S.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	490501   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-820S.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	490502  
Old 09-06-2014, 09:06 AM

Beautiful fabric and love the colors!
Old 09-06-2014, 10:22 AM

Hi JuneBillie, just letting you know your little quilt went out today.You will get it Monday. Hope you like it!
The confirmation # is 9505500018374249000167
Old 09-06-2014, 10:26 AM

Cheesehead love the fabrics you chose along with the previous post showing a sneak peak.

I was lucky enough to have quilt club this morning at the local quilt shop and found the perfect background
color to work for my project. We are having a perfect autumn day - so I think I'll spend a good chunk of my
time outside - last night it cooled down to 47 and today it's 72.

I hope those of you that need rain will get some relief soon.