Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 09-02-2014, 01:57 AM

So I decided to get back into quilting after a 3 year hiatus. I had a blue and tan UFO I was partway through piecing as a lap quilt. Only problem was I didn't see a need for a lap quilt. So, I resolved to finish it as a block in a bigger quilt, a color study in things that contrast with blue.

Six weeks of on-and-off work later, the blue/tan and blue/silver blocks are finished, and the blue/green block is next. 4 blocks total will be a quilt big enough for my full bed.

Wish me luck!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]490040[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	study_in_blue_04.jpeg
Views:	250
Size:	993.5 KB
ID:	490040  
Old 09-02-2014, 08:51 PM

Good luck Kelly, nice to hear you are back in the saddle again. Finishing up this quilt of yours will feel sew good! It's a pretty design. And blue is always a favorite.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by asimplelife View Post
And I have to share our Christmas kitten Elsa too! She was rescued from -25 degree weather by my husband after a friend said she had been hanging around his home trying to get in December 6th. After our vet pronounced her healthy and no one was missing her she made herself right at home and won our hearts.

She LOVES quilts and is a total lap kitty. Here she is on my last UFO Finish of 2013... she seems to think it is hers since I was sewing down the binding the weekend she found us!
she looks so much like a Norwegian forest cat, love the quilt too can't say I blame her for claiming it, LOL
Old 09-07-2014, 03:21 AM

may I join in I can't promise to finish one a month but I could give it a try. I have everal I need to finish I got a complete blockout mentally after the house burnt down in 2011 then the truck accident only 2 months later. I have been doing bits and pieces and finished 5 tops, my daughters aniversary present is still sitting on the long bed waiting for mt to finish it but I have never used it before and must admit I am terrified of making a mess of it, I have the Qbot but the stop button doesn't work never has even tho they were supposed to have fixed it. the only way I can stop it is if I hit the scissor button, GGRRR
Old 09-07-2014, 08:16 AM

Just letting you all know I finally finished the t-shirt quilt and posted in the finishes thread. Yayyyyyyy me!!!

litacats, you are most welcome! There are no rules about how many you have to finish, just a gentle suggestion as a guideline. We all do the best we can and if that is only one or two in the whole year, so be it.
So sorry to hear about your troubles and happy to hear you have found a way back to your quilting. It is great therapy for many of us, I know that is the case for myself.

This thread is for talking about our projects, getting encouragement and support when we need it and posting photos of our work in progress. The 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month Thread is where we post our Completed UFO project once we get one done.

We welcome you to both threads and look forward to supporting you here in the Sister Thread as well as seeing your finish posted in the Challenge Thread!!! Hugs and Smiles!

Last edited by wildyard; 09-07-2014 at 08:23 AM.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:55 PM

Welcome litacats! This is really a good place to come and visit. Lots of encouragement here and no police!

I am now hand sewing the binding on the yellow quilt. I only have a corner done and put it aside for handwork while watching TV with my husband. I'm so happy to be finishing stuff. Good feelings.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:53 PM

So I interviewed for a new job today. If accepted I'll be relocating a fair distance. I may take the opportunity to upgrade to a larger bed as I do so.

That's a lot of maybes though. Adding a little border to each block has helped emphasize the blues, as well as future proof it for a bigger bed, so it's going nicely thus far, now back to working on the blue/green block.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	study_in_blue_06.jpeg
Views:	240
Size:	768.8 KB
ID:	491116  
Old 09-11-2014, 03:44 AM

Kelly: Such a pretty quilt. The nicest thing about quilts in your stage of construction is that all your options, in terms of size, are still open. Going to be very interested to see where you take it. Good luck with getting that new job. Sounds like a lot of good changes in your very near future.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:35 PM

I'm putting my ufo's on the back burner. I've started my Christmas projects and I will be busy with them until Christmas is here. I don't want them to become ufo's so I'll report on whats been done. That will keep me in the loop and hopefully I'll stay ahead of the game.
Old 09-13-2014, 10:19 AM

Rhonda Lee, that sounds like a great idea (putting your UFO's on the back burner). I decided my this year presents will be from last years UFO,s that weren't finished in time for Christmas. As a added gift, I'll make matching pillowcase for each of them this year.

For this month's projects; I plan to quilt my brother's motorcycle quilt top and finish making a quilt top for a friend, orange and tourques ). It's a sampler. I'm selecting blocks and have over 2/3 of them made. I'll start working on that next week. When I get to working on them I'll try posting a pic.