Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
I Think I Might Be In Trouble! >

I Think I Might Be In Trouble!

I Think I Might Be In Trouble!

Old 09-09-2014, 06:45 AM

I wish I wish I wish my father in law would catch this bug!! He's about to retire (just 2 weeks! I'm so happy for him!) and he keeps saying he wants to learn how to repair small appliances as a hobby -slash- part time job. I keep telling him...sewing machines, sewing machines, sewing machines!! but he's just not listening.

I want him to find and fix up a bunch of cool old machines so I can buy them from him. LOL
Old 09-09-2014, 08:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by manicmike View Post
I probably misunderstood: Just thought 26 machines and I had 22. As of tonight, 23 (1950s green Husqvarna 21)
Good score, great price. Here, even on the thrift store website you can't get them that cheap.

Cari
Old 09-09-2014, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
At the SD Quilt show there was a vendor selling hand crank machines. They fascinate me! Every time I walked by I got closer - there were some absolutely beautiful machines! My friends asked me why I wanted a hand crank - I have several functional machines. And all I could say was, "Because!" They could not see the same attraction - I don't know why, they were beautiful! Guess I am thankful because I really wanted the Brother embroidery machine that stitches the Disney designs, and passed it up too. If either one of my friends had given me an iota of incentive I would have bought another machine. (That I don't need, but is need ever the true issue here?)
I use my hand crank and treadle when the power goes out.

Crazy lady just keeps on sewing. . . .
Old 09-09-2014, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
Congrats on your Husky! Especially for that price. Anything Husky goes high here.
Rodney
I thought afterwards that in the U.S. they're called Viking, so I got my 'V' anyway, even if I didn't mean to
Old 09-09-2014, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
I wish I wish I wish my father in law would catch this bug!! He's about to retire (just 2 weeks! I'm so happy for him!) and he keeps saying he wants to learn how to repair small appliances as a hobby -slash- part time job. I keep telling him...sewing machines, sewing machines, sewing machines!! but he's just not listening.

I want him to find and fix up a bunch of cool old machines so I can buy them from him. LOL
If he's a fixer and you want him to catch the bug, ask for his help to fix an old machine.
My dad's been a fixer all his life, and when I showed him an old machine (a 320K2) he was instantly interested. This was a few months ago, and just last week he completely disassembled a 29K58 boot patcher. I don't think he's sewn a stitch on any machine, but he loves how they work
Old 09-09-2014, 08:08 PM

If he's a fixer and you want him to catch the bug, ask for his help to fix an old machine.
My dad's been a fixer all his life, and when I showed him an old machine (a 320K2) he was instantly interested. This was a few months ago, and just last week he completely disassembled a 29K58 boot patcher. I don't think he's sewn a stitch on any machine, but he loves how they work
That's a really good idea, and I actually have a machine that could use some TLC. Hmmm! Thanks for the idea!
Old 09-10-2014, 07:22 AM
Banned

Mike, Get pics... I only have a couple pics of my GrandDad fixing things but they are among my most treasured.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
Mike, Get pics... I only have a couple pics of my GrandDad fixing things but they are among my most treasured.
I've been getting a few pics of the machines he fixes, and welcome back Steve
Old 09-10-2014, 01:59 PM

Great to have you back SteveH!