2014 Fabric Moratorium

Old 10-01-2014, 02:07 PM

Confession time again ladies...I fell off the wagon again. But .....there is always the but! Our guild went on a fun trip two hours away from our town for our 5th Tuesday fun day. We all found some bargains. I ended up buying some flannel pieces (on sale) that were just what I needed for my next project. Plus I couldn't resist the little bit of fabric that had the names of many quilt blocks on it. Always on the lookout for some red/white fabric to make the blocks for my r/w quilt. Then there was a bargain bin that had all the neat patterns for $3 each and lastly a large chunk of fabric that can be used for backing. So if I plan to use all of it...it doesn't count right. :-)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	001 (Large).JPG
Views:	232
Size:	251.9 KB
ID:	493824  
Old 10-01-2014, 02:44 PM

Well Rhonda I think you were in complete control by only purchasing 5 yards. In addition, you had a plan.....not just a willy nilly impulse purchase......

I did purchase "seasonal" fabric.........The Ghasties and if I am able to I would like to return to the quilt store to purchase some of the Christmas themed variety. I hadn't seen that before. So I am very bad......even making a plan.

I saw Bonnie K. Hunter at guild where she did a trunk show. The next day she did a class but I didn't attend, sorry for any misunderstanding. My friend has been making leaders and enders and having fun. Also,the 9 patches.

Later all.......is that new machine humming?
Old 10-01-2014, 05:08 PM

Hey, it has to end before Thanksgiving. Monday before last year I bought material. I plan to buy material again this year before Thanksgiving when out of town. My one chance to get material there. Could be Friday after. This will be my buy for the year. Of course it will depend on what they have. I will shop the week if get chance if not son will stop on way home on Friday. I will leave here on Sunday and come home Friday.

Least that it the plan as it stands now. You know how that goes. I asked my doctor fr excerises to strength my hands and arms. No I did not need to bulk up like my son. He said I was small like him and just make my quilts.

FM
I am older than you by a few years. I will be 83 next month. Only one in family interested quilt making an she has quit. She was trying to get granddaughter to do it . What to do with it. ? Quilt club?
Old 10-01-2014, 05:28 PM

Sandy: Are you sure you didn't purchase that beautiful haul with a special project in mind, or to complete a collection you already had? The loop hole committee works very hard to find an escape clause for everyone that confesses, although I've reread your post several times, just doesn't appear to be anything but a gratuitous purchase. Looks like a complete fall from the wagon with a back flip included. Sorry!
Old 10-01-2014, 07:39 PM

LOL! Emma! A virtual back flip is all you will ever see me doing. I will take the wet lashes because the final word was that I had a great time with my quilting friends and that was worth all the bumps and bruises from falling off.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:29 PM

Nuts, completely nuts! Love it here. Only quilters understand quilters and even in a moratorium we understand the falling off. Actually I think we help both ways if needed.(On and Off the wagon lol). Swan dives, virtual back flips are there more?
Old 10-02-2014, 06:25 AM

Sandy: Maybe we should include a "just had a lot of fun" clause, plus "a just needed a treat" addendum.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:15 AM
Power Poster

I think we can add a "needed exercise" clause and falling off/getting back on the wagon is the only exercise I can think of doing right now. lol
Old 10-02-2014, 04:53 PM

I read an explanation, .........coin collectors don't spend the coins they purchase and stamp collectors don't Mail letters with there stamp collections........just saying.......I did pass up 3 quilt shops today.......Marlette, Lapeer, and Imlay city..........I must of been really tired......calla
Old 10-02-2014, 06:37 PM

Emma and Martina..I am sure those 3 clauses are now in our moratorium. (Had fun..needed a treat and needed exercise) I know ther are days when I need all 3. Calla...I loved your analogy about stamp and coin collecters. I am sure we all can relate to that with our fabric stashes.