Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
This Weekend’s Yardsaling Finds >

This Weekend’s Yardsaling Finds

This Weekend’s Yardsaling Finds

Old 10-05-2014, 06:51 AM

Hey Rodney I have the very same K-M iron. Mine came in a fabric case. Weighs a ton for it's size but when it gets hot, stays hot for a long time.
Old 10-05-2014, 07:23 AM

I plugged mine in just long enough to see that it gets hot. I might use it on Ashlea's quilt.
I've started my flannel quilt project. It's all thrift store stuff. Either flannel shirts or yardage remnants that were donated. I've found there is a lot of waste cutting the shirts into square pieces but you still get a lot of usable fabric. Plus the shirt fabric is woven plaid instead of printed. Roserips gave me a bunch of thread cones so even the thread on this quilt is second hand. The whole quilt will be, I'm going to pick up an old blanket for the batting. I'll post pics when I'm done. It suits me and my wife likes it but it's not your typical quilt.
Rodney
Old 10-05-2014, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
...I think that this is the LAST machine in a cabinet I will be able to fit in my house.
Space is at a premium for sewing machine enthusiasts, isn’t it? That’s the reason for us toting home the $10 TV/DVR stand yesterday. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the one we had....structurally, except that it was short and wide. The new one is tall and narrow so we can go up instead of out, making more room on either side of it for sewing machine cabinets! Woo-hoo!

CD in Oklahoma
Old 10-05-2014, 07:30 AM

I love that tin.
Old 10-05-2014, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by ThayerRags View Post
the new one is tall and narrow so we can go up instead of out, making more room on either side of it for sewing machine cabinets! Woo-hoo! CD in Oklahoma
Just ran downstairs to take a look at the TV space. YES, there is room for another sewing machine on one side! Thanks CD. I thank you but DH will likely be less than thrilled.
Old 10-05-2014, 07:49 AM

Rodney, re the K-M iron. I found that if you plug it in till the temp indicator reaches the cotton selection, unplug it. It will stay HOT for a very long time.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:15 AM

Yardsaling will be winding down here in Indiana, as the weather is turning cooler fast! We had a sale ourselves last weekend and the weather was quite warm. I didn't make much, but my shopaholic daughter made a killing reselling kids clothes. She buys new, they get worn a couple of times, then sells for less than GW prices, so really she is not a good economist, but at least she makes room for the next shopping spree LOL!!

I did manage to sneak out to a quilters yard sale and got 45 yards of nice fabric, mostly solids which I do not have a lot of, for $50. I didn't take a picture and have already hid the evidence in my growing stash!
Old 10-05-2014, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond View Post
have already hid the evidence in my growing stash!
Ha Ha!!! I can sooooooo relate!!! I have even done that with sewing machines! -what DH doesn't know won't hurt him and then when he does discover one I just remind him that I've had it "forever"
Old 10-05-2014, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Redsquirrel View Post
I love that tin.
Which tin are you referring to, the red tin in the background of my photo, or another tin?

CD in Oklahoma
Old 10-05-2014, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
Thanks CD. I thank you but DH will likely be less than thrilled.
sorry sir......

CD in Oklahoma