Sevierville, TN

Old 10-06-2014, 04:43 PM

Default Sevierville, TN

We are leaving on Sunday to vacation in Sevierville, TN. We have been to Nashville and Sevierville before but we went in June last time. I am looking for some weather information. Can someone tell me what the temperature is like there this time of year? Need to know if I am packing jeans & sweatshirts (like I am wearing now in Michigan!) or if it is still shorts and flip flop weather????

Thanks!!!
Old 10-06-2014, 05:15 PM

You might check the 10 day forecast on the " Weather Channel". It would give you an idea of day and night temps. It has been a strange fall.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:25 AM

Two quilt shops that I love in that area are The Cherry Pit in Sevierville and Mammaw's Thimble Fabric and Quilt Shop in Knoxville. The Cherry Pit is a small shop with a lot packed into it and located near the courthouse square area of Sevierville. Mammaw's is much larger and has an incredible selection of 1930's and civil war repro fabric along with lots of other fabric. They have an area called the "bored" room for CEO's (carry everything out/husbands) complete with comfy couches and a big TV. Knoxville isn't that far away and it makes a nice little side trip.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:38 AM

This time of year it's shorts and tanks one day and the next its long pants -hoody and real shoes the next. You won't need long johns or a parka. My husband was from this area and it is beautiful this time of year. Enjoy your vacation
Old 10-07-2014, 03:42 AM

Spent a week there one year and loved it.....we rented a house on a mountain called " English mountain" and half way up was a beautiful quilt/fabric store called 5G's.....wonder if it's still there. The scenery outside of the windows there was awesome...that morning mist rolling over the mountain tops was a sight I will always remember.....that's for reminding me....may look it up and revisit ...
Old 10-07-2014, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by citruscountyquilter View Post
Two quilt shops that I love in that area are The Cherry Pit in Sevierville and Mammaw's Thimble Fabric and Quilt Shop in Knoxville. The Cherry Pit is a small shop with a lot packed into it and located near the courthouse square area of Sevierville. Mammaw's is much larger and has an incredible selection of 1930's and civil war repro fabric along with lots of other fabric. They have an area called the "bored" room for CEO's (carry everything out/husbands) complete with comfy couches and a big TV. Knoxville isn't that far away and it makes a nice little side trip.
I have been to both of these shops. Mamaws is great! The workers at The Cherry Pit were sooooo incredibly rude to me that I didn't spend a dime in there and won't be going back!!
Old 10-07-2014, 04:29 AM

Birthplace of Dolly Parton! The Cherry Pit people were warm and friendly when we were there. Sorry to hear that someone had a bad experience. I'd give it another shot and make up your mind. Report back. I haven't been to the other shops mentioned. Road trip....
Old 10-07-2014, 07:01 AM

I believe the Cherry Pit has changed hands recently. The last time I was there, the folks were very friendly and helpful. Also, be sure to hit Pappy's Quilting Place in Maryville and Mountain Creek Quilting in Greenback if you have the time. The weather here has been cooler the past few days, but a light jacket has been sufficient. Do be sure to check the weather channel on the Internet before you leave. As someone mentioned, this time of year can be very changeable. Have a great trip and enjoy East Tennessee.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:39 AM

"Not quite winter, but no longer summer" are the clothes you'll need this time of year. Jeans, tennis shoes, light sweatshirt or long-sleeved shirt with vest or sweater for the cooler evenings. Beautiful time of year!
Old 10-07-2014, 02:44 PM

If you have time and they are open...the flea market called Flea Traders has a bookstore inside that has a large selection of quilt books at really good prices. I think the bookstore is TJ's or BJ's. I stop there when going through just to buy quilt books. I don't think you will need shorts and tank tops with sandals this time of year... a zip up sweat shirt and long pants recommended. Have a great trip and stay safe.